A deposit is required to secure your spot. The balance is then due 2 days prior to your trip start date. Final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all required forms, documents, and payment.
WHY DO WE REQUIRE A DEPOSIT?
Deposits are required are to book in advance the most important for your trip to machu picchu are the followings.
- ENTRANCE TICKET TO MACHUPICCHU: Especialy for the high season. from may to october there are more than 6 thousant people in Machu Picchu per day. Ensure to have your Machu Picchu ticket in advance otherwise you will be doing big lines at the ticketing office to buy your entrance,it could be worse, they may sell you tickets for the wrong day. It happen with many travelers in cusco in the hight season.
- TRAIN TICKET: At the end of the day in Machupicchu most of the turism return to cusco by train. You know there are only two train companies, they do not have enough capacity to trasport more that 6 thousand people a day. In the hight season if you do not have your train ticket a night before to catch the train it may mean you do not have booked your train. We are company that have access to the reservation system of Perurail and Incarail. This facilities us to book train tickets in real time. Most of the Travel agencies in Cusco hire other companies to buy trains tickets because they do not have Access To the reservation system. if you book your train with us you will get it quicky
TRIP ITINERARY CHANGES AND ALTERNATE TRIPS
All Machu Picchu Reservations Company trips are subject to itinerary changes based on a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, permit availability, snowpack, river crossings, wildlife, park or land closures, and forest fires. At times alternate trips in different areas may be offered as substitutes. The price of a hiking trip will never change once you’re registered. Payments are not refundable for itinerary changes, alternate trips, and land closures. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control and no alternate trip/itinerary is offered, a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
The Machu Picchu Reservations Company reserves the right to cancel trips. The Machu Picchu Reservations Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.).
If you cancel or leave a multi-day trip for any reason:
- More than 60 days prior to the trip start date, we will grant you a full refund less a $50 per person administrative fee.
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to the trip start date, we will retain 25 percent of the trip cost.
- Between 29 and 15 days prior to the trip start date, we will retain 75 percent of the trip cost.
- Less than 15 days prior to the trip start date, or once the trip has begun, there will be no refund.
- Day Hike Cancellation Policy: 50% refund with 48 hours notice; no refund within 48 hours
If you transfer from one trip to another: 30 or more days prior to the trip start date, there will be a $25 processing fee. Less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, regular cancellation and refund policies will apply.
We require medical releases for prospective guests over 69 years of age and for various circumstances such as history of cardiovascular disease, chronic illness, and other conditions and factors.
For your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. Travel insurance provides you with trip cancellation/interruption, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, air flight, baggage and baggage delay coverages to protect your financial investment. Medical coverage purchased with your policy will also satisfy our requirement for health insurance.
IMPORTANT: Bookings for Single travelers are accepted for the trekking tours group service.