Photos of this Trip
(MACHU PICCHU RESERVATIONS Travel Agency)
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES
PICK UP: From 4:30 am from your hotel
- CAR RIDE: 1.5 hours from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train stations
- HIKING DISTANCE: 12 KM / 7.5 ML
- OVERNIGHT: In the hotel in aguas calientes town
- Maximun altitude: 2700 m / 12834 ft
- MEALS: Lunch and dinner
- WEATHER: warm
After 1.5 hour by train, you get off in km 104 where the Inca trail starts then hiking for 3 hours to Wiñaywayna inca site where you will have a guided visit and also you enjoy your lunch, after you hike 2 more hours to Intipunku “sungate” from the sun gate you have a beautiful view of Machupicchu. After dazzling us with the wonder of machu picchu we started to descend towards Machu Picchu for photographing then you take bus to aguas calientes town to have a dinner and spend a night in the hotel.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- WAKE UP: 4:30 am to have breakfast
- BUS TO MACHUPICCHU: Around 5:30 am we catch a bus to Machupicchu, 25 minutes
- TIME TO GET INTO MACHUPICCHU: Around 6:00 am to see it almost without people and enjoy the sunrise
- TOUR IN MACHU PICCHU: From 6:00 am to 8:30 am after you have free time
- MACHUPICCHU ALTITUDE: 2450 m / 8038 ft
- MEALS: Breakfast.
- WHEATER: Cold in the morning, Very warm during the day.
- BACK TO CUSCO: you take the train in the evening to Ollantaytambo from there by bus to Cusco.
- Huaynapicchu mountain: You must book well in advance, only 400 people climb per day
- Machupicchu montaña: At least book it before to start the trek only 800 people climb per day
Machu Picchu the inca cathedal. If you want to see without people is better to get there early in the morning if you are lucky with the weather you may enjoy the sunrise in Machu Picchu. After the guided tour in Machupicchu you have free time to explore in you own if you book the extra tickets for the mountains you can climb huaynapicchu mountain or Machupicchu montaña. also there are free options such the sungate or the inca bridge
- Transfer from Cusco to the train station of Ollantaytambo
- A professional tour guide prepared in first aid and connoisseur of the route.
- Second guide for groups of more than 09 passengers.
- train ticket from Ollantaytambo to km 104 trail head.
- pack lunch, passengers load their pack lunch.
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu for the first and second day
- 01 night of hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Bus tickets, machupicchu - aguas calientes - machupicchu (03 bus tickets)
- First aid kit
- Oxygen bottle
- 1 lunch
- 1 dinner
- 1 breakfast
- Return train Machu Picchu - Ollantaytambo
- Transfer Ollantaytambo Station - Cusco to the hotel
- Breakfasts on the firts day
- lunch on the second day.
- Tips and gratitudes
INCA TRAIL PACKING LIST
- Your passport
- Rain poncho (plastic).
- A coat
- Cap or hat.
- Walking shoes.
- Canteen or bottle of water.
- Photographic camera.
- Personal medicines suggested by your doctor.
DOCUMENTS TO CARRY WITH YOU
- Original Passports
- Immigration card
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount)