Cusco to Santa Maria Adventure: 65km Biking Extravaganza & 1.5 Hours of Thrilling River Rafting
We’ll pick you up from your hotel around 6 AM and drive you through the awe-inspiring Sacred Valley of the Incas. Marvel at the breathtaking views of the Vilcabamba and Vilcanota mountain ranges, as well as the charming small towns that dot the Sacred Valley landscape.
After a 2-hour drive, we’ll stop in the ancient Inca town of Ollantaytambo, where you will have breadfast included and you can stretch your legs and use the facilities. From there, we’ll continue driving up to the Abra Malaga Pass, situated at an altitude of 4,350 meters (14,271 feet). This is where our exhilarating downhill biking adventure to Santa Maria town, located at 1,430 meters (4,691 feet), begins.
Upon arriving at Abra Malaga, you’ll receive all the necessary biking gear and participate in a training session to ensure a successful and enjoyable ride to Santa Maria. The biking journey begins high in the Andes, offering majestic views of the snow-capped Veronica peak. Our route takes us from Abra Malaga to the fascinating Inca site of Huamanmarca, where we’ll stop for lunch and explore the small yet remarkable ruins.
After our visit to Huamanmarca, we’ll hop back in the car and continue to Santa Maria, where an exciting white river rafting adventure awaits in the afternoon. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to appreciate the stunning landscape that surrounds us.
Once we arrive in Santa Maria, you can check into your accommodations, take a shower, and relax before dinner. In the evening, we’ll gather at a local restaurant in town for a delicious meal and a chance to share stories from our action-packed day.
- Biking distance: 65 km, approximately 3 to 4 hours of downhill biking
- River Rafting Adventure: 1 to 1.5 Hours of Exhilarating Fun
- Difficulty: Moderate day (full of Adventure)
- Weather: Warm and windy during the day, with very warn nights
- Accommodations: Hotel nigh in Santa Maria
- Meals Included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Santa Maria to Santa Teresa: Scenic 22km Hiking Journey through Quellomayo
Begin your remarkable hiking day with a hearty breakfast at a local restaurant around 6:00 AM. Today’s journey is one of the most memorable parts of the entire adventure. We’ll start with a 45-minute hike along the car route before entering the original Inca trail, which historically connected Machu Picchu with Vilcabamba, the last Inca capital.
As we traverse this ancient path, we’ll marvel at the stunning plantations of bananas, coca, yucca, and coffee that line the route. Our 3-hour hike on the original Inca trail offers magnificent views of the Vilcanota Valley and panoramic vistas of the hills adorned with various jungle plantations.
We’ll stop at the charming village of Quellomayo for lunch at one of the local restaurants. Here, you can relax, recharge, and explore the surroundings before continuing our hike along the Vilcanota River. The 3.5-hour trek takes us to the rejuvenating Colcamayo hot springs, a natural and outdoor oasis perfect for soothing tired muscles. Enjoy a couple of hours at the hot springs before we continue our journey to Santa Teresa.
A 45-minute hike from the hot springs brings us to our final destination for the day, Santa Teresa. We’ll spend the night at a cozy hostel and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant, where you can share stories and reflect on the unforgettable experiences of the day.
- Hiking distance: 22 km, approximately 7 to 8 hours of hiking
- Difficulty: Moderate day (full day hike)
- Weather: Warm and Tropical, with very warn nights
- Accommodations: Hotel nigh in Santa Teresa
- Meals Included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes: Exhilarating 2-Hour Zip-lining & Scenic 10km Hiking Adventure
Rise and shine at 6:30 am, fuel up with breakfast, and get ready for an action-packed day. Around 8:00 am, the zipline company will pick you up and transport you to the zipline base. After a brief orientation, embark on a thrilling 2-hour adventure across four different ziplines and a suspension bridge.
Once you’ve had your fill of ziplining excitement, take a 1-hour car ride to Hidroelectrica for a well-deserved lunch. Post-lunch, embark on a scenic 3-hour hike along the train tracks to Aguas Calientes town. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and recharge.
At 7:00 pm, indulge in a delicious dinner at a local restaurant before heading back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep. Wake up early the following day, eager to explore the magnificent Machu Picchu.
- Zipline Adventure: Experience 4 Unique Ziplines and 1 Thrilling Suspension Bridge
- Hiking distance: 11 km takes 3 to 3.5 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate day (full of Adventure)
- Weather: Warm and Tropical very warn nights
- Accommodations: Hotel nigh in Aguas Calientes
- Meals Included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Machu Picchu - Cusco
MACHU PICCHU DAY:
- Arriving at Machu Picchu’s Main Gate from Aguas Calientes: To reach Machu Picchu’s main gate from Aguas Calientes, you have two options. You can either embark on a scenic 1.5-hour hike or take a convenient bus ride that costs $12. The choice is yours, and you can even decide on the same day you plan to visit Machu Picchu. Regardless of the option you choose, your day will begin bright and early at 4 am with a delicious breakfast at your hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- If you choose to WALK from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, your journey will begin at around 4:30 am. You’ll start by walking from your hotel in Aguas Calientes to Puente Ruinas, which takes approximately 30 minutes. Puente Ruinas serves as the first checkpoint, where you’ll need to present your Machu Picchu tickets and original passports to gain entry. Once you’ve passed the Puente Ruinas checkpoint, you’ll embark on an uphill hike to Machu Picchu, climbing approximately 1,700 steps. This ascent typically takes between one hour to one hour and 20 minutes. Upon reaching the main gate of Machu Picchu, you’ll meet up with your group and guide to enter the site and begin your unforgettable exploration of this ancient Inca citadel.
- If you opt to take the BUS from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, you’ll need to purchase a bus ticket in town, either the night before or on the same morning. Each one-way bus ticket costs $12. Once you have your ticket, join the queue to board the first buses, which depart from Aguas Calientes at 5:30 am. The bus ride takes approximately 30 minutes to reach Machu Picchu. Upon arrival at Machu Picchu, you’ll meet up with your group and guide around 6 am to enter the site and begin exploring the remarkable ancient Inca city together.
MACHU PICCHU GUIDED TOUR:
- Our program includes a Machu Picchu ticket, with the primary circuit options being either circuit 01 or 02. CHECH DETAILS: https://www.machupicchureservations.org/destination/machu-picchu-circuits If there is no availability for the first choice, we will include circuit 03 or 04. Ticket availability depends on the time of booking, so if you prefer the primary circuit options, we recommend booking well in advance. For more information about the different circuits and ticket details, please visit our website or contact us directly. Upon arrival at Machu Picchu, our experienced tour guide will lead you on a 2.5-hour guided exploration of the Inca city, following the circuit outlined in your ticket. The guide will share insights about the history and significance of Machu Picchu while allowing time for photographs and taking in the breathtaking views. You’ll visit the most iconic locations within the site during the tour.
- At the conclusion of the guided tour, you will have some leisure time to explore and relax on your own. If you have arranged to hike Huayna Picchu (which must be booked ahead of time, as it is a popular option that sells out quickly and costs $60 per person), your guide will direct you to the starting point. The hike will take no more than 2 hours to complete, with a round-trip time.
- Alternatively, you may choose to hike Machu Picchu Mountain instead of Huayna Picchu. This hike is more challenging and takes a minimum of three hours for the round-trip (at an additional cost of $60 per person).
- For those considering either of the mountain climbs, we recommend opting for the train return to Cusco to allow more time to explore the mountains. If you prefer to return by car, we suggest spending an additional night in Aguas Calientes and departing by car on the sixth day from the Hydroelectric station. This will give you ample time to fully experience the beauty of the mountains and make the most of your journey.
After immersing yourself in the wonders of Machu Picchu and exploring its surroundings, it’s time to make your way back to Cusco. We offer two convenient options for your return journey: by car or by train. Both options ensure a smooth and comfortable trip to Cusco.
- If you choose to return BY CAR, you will need to begin your walk from Machu Picchu to Hidroelectrica around 10:30 am. This trek typically takes 3 to 3.5 hours to complete. It is essential to reach Hidroelectrica by 2:00 pm in order to board the car, which is scheduled to depart at 2:30 pm. The car journey from Hidroelectrica to Cusco takes approximately 6 hours, and you can expect to arrive in Cusco around 9:30 pm. Upon arrival, you will be dropped off in the city center of Cusco.
- If you opt to return BY TRAIN to Cusco after visiting Machu Picchu, you have two options for getting to the town of Aguas Calientes. You can either walk down for 1.5 hours, or take a bus that takes just 30 minutes but costs 12 dollars. Once you arrive in Aguas Calientes, you’ll have time to explore the town and have lunch before returning to your hotel to gather your belongings and head to the train station. The train to Ollantaytambo is available at either 2:30 pm or 2:55 pm, depending on availability, and the journey takes 1.5 hours, offering stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. Upon arrival in Ollantaytambo, a transfer arranged by Machu Picchu Reservations or with your name on it will be waiting to take you back to Cusco, a 2-hour journey, arriving around 6:30 pm and dropping you off in the city center.
Inca Jungle 4-Day Adventure: Comprehensive Inclusions for an Unforgettable Experience
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu: Gain access to the iconic Inca citadel and explore its fascinating history and stunning architecture.
- Pre-departure Inca Jungle Trail Briefing: Attend a detailed presentation by our professional tour guides at 6:00 PM at the office, the day before your adventure begins.
- English/Spanish-speaking Professional Guides: Receive expert guidance and insights throughout your journey from our bilingual and knowledgeable tour guides.
- Guided Visit to Machu Picchu: Benefit from our experienced guides who will bring the history and mystery of Machu Picchu to life.
- Transportation to the Inca Jungle Trailhead: Start your adventure seamlessly with our organized transportation.
- 3-Night Hotel Accommodation: Rest and recharge during your journey in comfortable hostel accommodations.
- Daily Meals: Enjoy 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners throughout your adventure, ensuring you have the energy to explore and experience each day.
- Activities included: Biking, rafting, and zipline
- Return Transportation Options: Choose between a train at 14:30 / 14:55 or a car at 2:00 PM from Hidroelectrica.
- Exciting Activities: Immerse yourself in adrenaline-pumping experiences, including biking, rafting, and zip-lining, led by our expert team.
- Vegetarian Food Options: Accommodate your dietary preferences with vegetarian meal options available upon request at no extra charge.
- First Aid Equipment and Oxygen Bottle: Stay safe and prepared with access to essential first aid equipment and an oxygen bottle for emergencies during your journey.
- Last lunch
- Entrance tickets to the thermal baths (10 soles per person)
- Drinking water
What to Pack
Essential Packing List for the 4-Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu:
- Backpack: Bring a comfortable backpack to carry belongings such as clothes, camera, sunscreen, valuables, and a jacket.
- Headwear: Pack a wool hat or beanie for warmth and a sun hat for protection from the sun.
- Gloves: Keep your hands warm with a pair of gloves.
- Clothing: Include 3-4 t-shirts (preferably long-sleeved), layers (sweater, fleece), 2 pairs of long pants or leggings, hiking shoes, 2-3 pairs of wool socks, a rain jacket, rain pants or a rain poncho (essential for the wet season), shorts, and swimwear.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from the sun with a pair of sunglasses.
- Water Bottle: Stay hydrated with a refillable water bottle.
- Personal Toiletries: Bring essentials such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, and any other personal items.
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun with a high SPF sunscreen.
- Insect Repellent: Ward off bugs with insect repellent.
- Footwear: Pack sandals or flip-flops for more relaxed moments or after a day of hiking.
- Snacks: Bring snacks like chocolate, cereal bars, candies, nuts, and energy bars to keep your energy levels up.
- Extra Cash in Soles: Carry extra local currency for any additional expenses or emergencies.
Important Documents to Carry:
- Original Passport: Ensure you have your passport with you at all times.
- Student ID (if applicable): If you have a student reservation, remember to bring your physical student ID to prove your eligibility for discounted entry at Machu Picchu’s checkpoint.
PRICES: INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 4D-3N GROUP SERVICE – SEASON 2023
Our Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu 4D-3N package offers two pricing options depending on your preferred method of returning to Cusco after visiting Machu Picchu.
Return by Car:
- Student: USD 205
- Adult: USD 225
Return by Train:
- Student: USD 275
- Adult: USD 295
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS TO ENHANCE YOUR INCA TRAIL EXPERIENCE:
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: Add this exciting climb for an additional USD 60. Please check availability at https://machupicchu.gob.pe/.
- Machu Picchu Mountain: Enhance your experience with this climb for an additional USD 60. Check availability at https://machupicchu.gob.pe/.
- Upgrade to Vistadome – Panoramic Train: If you choose to return by train, consider upgrading to the Vistadome train for a more luxurious and scenic experience for an additional USD 35.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE:
The student price is available for all students around the world, provided that they meet the requirements set by the Peruvian government. This discount is applicable when purchasing Machu Picchu tickets from the Peruvian government.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Your student ID must be an original ID issued by your university, made of PVC material.
The student ID must have the following information printed on it.
- University information.
- Student name.
- Student picture.
- The student ID must have a valid expiration date printed on it, which is only valid for one year. For instance, if you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the expiration date on your ID must be 2023 or 2024. If you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the maximum expiration date allowed is 2024.
- The student discount is available only for students who are not more than 25 years old.
- The International Student Identification Card (ISIC) is not valid for the discount, even if it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- The only valid document for the student price is the original student ID that meets the requirements set by the Peruvian government. No other documents such as certifications or virtual cards are accepted as proof of student status.
- To apply for the student price, send us a photo of both sides of your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org when you book the tour. If you send it later, you will not be eligible for the student discount.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
TO BOOK INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:
- Choose a reputable, government-authorized tour operator.
- Click the “Book Online” button, select the date, and complete the booking form. Have one person fill it out for the entire group to ensure you’re booked together. Keep your passport handy for accurate information.
- Make a payment online using any debit or credit card. There’s a 2.9% fee for online payments, which customers must cover.
- To secure your INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU, provide a $180 deposit per person. This helps obtain necessary permits and tickets from the Peruvian government.
- Optionally, you can pay the full tour amount upfront to avoid any future payment concerns.
- If you choose to pay only the deposit, the remaining balance is due 24 hours before the tour begins. You can pay in cash (soles or dollars) at the office in Cusco or by card (3.9% fee). You can also pay the balance online with any card (2.9% fee).
By following these straightforward steps, you can easily book your INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU experience and focus on preparing for your adventure.
Payment: You can pay for INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU online using any debit or credit card. A 2.9% fee applies to online payments, which customers must cover. To book INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU, a $180 deposit per person is required to secure permits and tickets from the Peruvian government. You can choose to pay the full tour amount upfront to avoid future payment concerns. If you pay only the deposit, the remaining balance is due 24 hours before the tour starts. Pay the balance in cash (soles or dollars) at our office in Cusco, or by card with a 3.9% fee. You can also pay online using any card with a 2.9% fee.
Passport Requirements: Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned entry date to Peru. If it’s set to expire within 6 months, renew it before traveling. If your passport expires within 6 months but you want to secure INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU and Machu Picchu tickets, book the tour and update your passport details with us after renewal. Failure to do so may result in permit and ticket forfeiture.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment. Obtain insurance before departing and consider working with a reputable agency for affordable coverage.
Deposit: The $180 deposit per person for the INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU tour is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Remaining Balance: If you only pay the deposit, the balance is due 24 hours before the tour starts. Pay in cash (soles or dollars) at our office in Cusco or by card with a 3.9% fee. You can also pay online with any card and a 2.9% fee.
Student Discount: If your student card meets Peruvian government requirements, reserve the tour with a deposit and pay the remaining balance upon arrival in Cusco. The student discount will be applied at that time.
Frequently Asked Questions INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 4D – 3N
- What is the level of difficulty of the Inca Jungle Trail?
The Inca Jungle Trail is considered a moderate to challenging trek, with various activities such as biking, rafting, zip-lining, and hiking. It is recommended that participants be in good physical condition to fully enjoy the experience.
- What is the best time to do the Inca Jungle Trail?
The best time to embark on the Inca Jungle Trail is during the dry season, which runs from April to October. This period offers more favorable weather conditions, with less rain and clearer skies.
- Are there age restrictions for the Inca Jungle Trail?
There are no specific age restrictions for the Inca Jungle Trail. However, it is essential to consider the physical demands of the trek and the various activities involved. The trail may not be suitable for very young children or those with certain health conditions.
- What type of accommodations are provided during the Inca Jungle Trail?
The Inca Jungle Trail includes 3 nights of hostel accommodations. These accommodations are comfortable and offer basic amenities to ensure a good night’s rest after each day of adventure.
- Are meals provided during the Inca Jungle Trail?
Yes, meals are included in the package. You will be provided with 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners during the trek. Vegetarian and vegan options are available upon request at no additional charge.
- What should I pack for the Inca Jungle Trail?
Please refer to the detailed packing list provided earlier in this conversation for a comprehensive list of items to bring on the Inca Jungle Trail.
- Can I add additional activities or options to my Inca Jungle Trail experience?
Yes, you can add optional activities such as climbing Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain, or upgrade your return train journey to the Vistadome Panoramic Train. Additional charges apply for these options.
- How do I book the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu?
To book the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu, you can contact the tour operator directly or make a reservation through a reputable travel agency or online booking platform. Ensure you have your passport details and preferred travel dates ready when booking.
Why Choose Machupicchu Reservations
we offer all the tours for guests to enjoy the outdoors, we offer Salkantay trek, Inca trail, Machu Picchu tours, we offer day hiking trips, such as Rainbow Mountain Hike, Incas Sacred Valley, Humantay Lake other alternative trekking tours like Inca jungle trail, Choquequirao trek, we offer guiding and supported trips, we offer glass igloos-based tours and camping-based tours.
Machu Picchu Reservations tours are all-inclusive and expert-led, our guests got to show up and focus 100% on the trip experience you do not have to worry about planning, packing, permits, tickets, or any of the headache stuff.
To people who love travel and hiking Machu Picchu Reservations literally has something for everyone we operated all the tours in Cusco with exceptional and personalized service this makes us one of the best-rated companies in the city of Cusco with 5 stars on TripAdvisor, Google, and other social networks.
MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY CAR AND BY TRAIN 2D – 1N
Machu Picchu tour by car and by train 2 days combined Car and Train Expedition, showcasing the awe-inspiring beauty and
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU IN ONE DAY
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in one day adventure to Machu Picchu, the perfect option for those who love exploring and see
TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE 2 DAYS ADVENTURE
TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE 2 DAYS ADVENTURE and Lago Sandoval 2 days tour is a journey starts in Puerto Maldonado as we
LLACTAPATA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 3D – 2N
Llactapata Trek to Machu Picchu 3 day is a standout feature of the Salkantay Trek, which follows an ancient Inca path le
Rainbow Mountain Full Day Trek with Red Valley
Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley full day tour is a popular excursion in the Cusco region of Peru. The tour typically sta
RESERVE ZONE MANU PARK TOUR 6D – 5N
Manu Park Reserve Zone 6 days, Join us on an extraordinary 6-day journey deep into the heart of Manu Park’s Reserv