Inclusions for Inca Trail 2 Days:
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
- Transfer from Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo
- Professional tour guide trained in first aid and experienced in the route and history
- Second guide for groups with more than 9 people
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Kilometer 104, which is the trailhead
- Entrance ticket for the Inca Trail 2 Days
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu for the first and second day
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle for emergencies
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner
- Return train ticket from Machu Picchu town to Ollantaytambo. TRAIN at 14:30 or 14:55
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo Station to your hotel in Cusco
- Breakfasts of the first day
- Lunch of the second day
- Extra expenses
What to Pack
Here’s a packing list for the 2 days Inca Trail:
- Backypack: A small backpack to carry your personal belongings such as water, snacks, sunscreen, camera, and other essentials.
- Hiking shoes: Good hiking shoes with a sturdy sole that provides good traction on uneven terrain.
- Hiking socks: Wearing good quality socks can help prevent blisters and keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Lightweight clothes: Quick-dry and moisture-wicking clothes are recommended for hiking.
- Warm layers: It can get cold at night, so it’s essential to pack warm layers such as a fleece jacket or down jacket.
- Rain gear: It’s always a good idea to carry a rain jacket or poncho as it can rain anytime in the Andean region.
- Hat and sunglasses: Protect yourself from the sun and UV rays by wearing a hat and sunglasses.
- Sunscreen: Use a high SPF sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
- Insect repellent: The trail is in the forest, and there are insects around, so it’s essential to carry insect repellent.
- Water bottle: It’s important to stay hydrated, so bring a refillable water bottle.
- Snacks: Bring some energy bars, nuts, or fruits to keep your energy levels up.
- Personal medication: If you have any medical conditions or take regular medication, bring it with you.
- Camera: Bring a camera to capture the beautiful scenery along the trail.
It’s important to pack light and carry only what you need as you’ll be hiking with your backpack.
Documents to carry with you on tour:
- Original Passports
- Original Studend ID: If you booked the Inca Trail 2 days as a student, you must present your original student ID card and passport at the checkpoint located at km 104 beginning of the Inca Trail.
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS – 1 NIGHT
Government regulations: The Peruvian government regulates the number of visitors and the prices for permits charged for the Inca Trail also, the Government regulates the salary of the porters and guides. Tour operators should comply with these regulations to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of permits and fees. That is why the prices we charge for the Inca Trail 2 days are fair and reasonable to cover all the needs to operate the Inca Trail 2 days.
PRICES: SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU + HOTEL NIGHT IN AGUAS CALIENTES
Group service – Season 2023
ADULT: 399 US Dollars per person
STUDENT: 370 US Dollars per person
ADDITIONAL OPTION THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR INCA TRAIL TOUR
- HUAYNAPICCHU MONTAÑA:65 US Dollars CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE https://reservas.machupicchu.gob.pe/inicio
- MACHU PICCHU MONTAÑA: 65 US Dollars CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE https://reservas.machupicchu.gob.pe/inicio
- A PAIR OF TREKKING POLES: 10 US Dollars
- UPGRADE TO VISTADOME TRAIN: – PANORAMIC TRAIN – ONE WAY: 35 US Dollars
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE:
The student price is available for all students around the world, provided that they meet the requirements set by the Peruvian government. This discount is applicable when purchasing Machu Picchu tickets from the Peruvian government.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Your student ID must be an original ID issued by your university, made of PVC material.
The student ID must have the following information printed on it.
- University information.
- Student name.
- Student picture.
- The student ID must have a valid expiration date printed on it, which is only valid for one year. For instance, if you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the expiration date on your ID must be 2023 or 2024. If you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the maximum expiration date allowed is 2024.
- The student discount is available only for students who are not more than 25 years old.
- The International Student Identification Card (ISIC) is Not valid for the discount, even if it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- The only valid document for the student price is the original student ID that meets the requirements set by the Peruvian government. No other documents such as certifications or virtual cards are accepted as proof of student status.
- To apply for the student price, send us a photo of both sides of your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org when you book the tour. If you send it later, you will not be eligible for the student discount.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
To book the Inca Trail, you need to choose a reputable tour operator who is authorized by the Peruvian government to operate the trail.
- CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON – BOOK ONLINE – choose the date, and fill in our booking form to book an Inca Trail Trek Tour today. Have one person fill in the form for the group so we make sure to book you all together. Have your passport ready; we need all your details to match exactly.
PAYMENT:You can pay online for the Inca Trail 4 days on our website using any type of debit or credit card – Paying online has a fee of 2.9% covered by the customer which is the lowest that we got for payments online.
- To book the Inca trail, we request a deposit of 250 us dollars per person in order to buy from the Peruvian government the permit and the tickets for the Inca trail. Your deposit is needed to secure and book an Inca Trail Trek Tour
- You can also choose to pay 100% of the amount of the tour so that you are any longer worrying about payments and just think in getting ready for your Inca Trail experience.
- If you choose to pay only the deposit to reserve the Inca Trail for 4 days, you must pay the remaining balance up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. The remaining balance can be paid in cash (in soles or dollars) upon arrival at our central office in Cusco. If you choose to pay by card, there is a fee of 3.9%. Alternatively, you can pay online with any type of card, but there is a fee of 2.9%.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: Please note that if your passport is set to expire within 6 months of your planned entry date to Peru, you will be required to renew your passport before traveling to Peru. The Peruvian authorities will not grant you entry to the country otherwise.
If you are booking your trek with us and your passport is expiring within 6 months of your entry date, you can still book with us to secure your Inca Trail permits and tickets to Machu Picchu. However, you must renew your passport and update your passport details with us before your trip to Peru. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of your reserved permits and tickets to Machu Picchu.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: To protect your travel investment, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. Obtaining travel insurance before leaving home is strongly encouraged and very easy. In fact, we work with a reputable agency in the United States that has made it both easy and affordable. This is an excellent way to ensure your safety while visiting Peru.
NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE DEPOSIT: There is a $250 deposit per person, needed to book THE INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS tour with Machu Picchu reservations. The deposit can be made online with any type of card, which will incur a 2.9% merchant fee paid by the traveller.
All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable.
REMAINING BALANCE PAYMENT: If you choose to pay only the deposit to reserve the Inca Trail for 2 days, you must pay the remaining balance up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. The remaining balance can be paid in cash (in soles or dollars) upon arrival at our central office in Cusco. If you choose to pay by card, there is a fee of 3.9%. Alternatively, you can pay online with any type of card, but there is a fee of 2.9%.
STUDENT DISCOUNT BOOKING: If your student card meets the requirements of the Peruvian government, you can make the reservation with only a deposit and pay the remaining balance when you arrive in Cusco. We will apply the student discount at that time.
Frequently Asked Questions Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
What is the Inca Trail?
The Inca Trail is a famous hiking route in Peru that leads to the ancient Incan ruins of Machu Picchu. It is a 26-mile trek that takes several days to complete.
Can the Inca Trail be done in 2 days?
Yes, there is a shorter version of the Inca Trail that can be completed in 2 days. However, this route is less crowded than the traditional 4-day trek.
Is a permit required for the Short Inca Trail?
Yes, a permit is required to hike the Inca Trail. These permits are limited and must be reserved in advance.
How difficult is the Short Inca Trail?
The Inca Trail is a trek that involves hiking at high altitudes and navigating steep inclines and descents. However, the 2-day route is less strenuous than the 4-day trek.
What should I bring on the Short Inca Trail?
You should bring comfortable hiking shoes, warm clothing for the evenings, sunscreen, insect repellent, and plenty of water. You may also want to bring a camera and a flashlight.
Can I hike the Short Inca Trail on my own?
No, hiking the Inca Trail without a licensed guide is not allowed. You must book a tour with a licensed tour operator in order to hike the trail.
When is the best time to hike the Short Inca Trail?
The best time to hike the Inca Trail is during the dry season, which runs from April to October. The trail is often closed on february.
What is the altitude of the Short Inca Trail 2 days?
The Inca Trail reaches an altitude of 2,700 meters (9300 feet) at its highest point.
What is the cost of hiking the Short Inca Trail?
The cost of hiking the Inca Trail varies depending on the tour operator and the length of the trek. The 2-day trek is generally less expensive than the 4-day trek.
If you are planning to trek the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, here are some useful tips to help you prepare and make the most out of your experience:
- Acclimatize: Cusco is located at a high altitude, and you will need time to adjust to the altitude before starting the trek. Arrive in Cusco a few days before the trek, and take it easy during those days.
- Pack light: You will carry your own backpack during the trek, so pack only the essentials. Bring enough clothes to keep you warm, but don’t overpack.
- Wear comfortable and sturdy hiking shoes: The Short Inca Trail involves steep ascents and descents, and the trail can be rocky and slippery. Make sure to wear comfortable and sturdy hiking shoes that have good grip.
- Bring a reusable water bottle: You will need to stay hydrated during the trek, so bring a reusable water bottle. You can refill it at the campsites and at the water stations along the trail.
- Carry cash: You will need to pay for some services along the trail, such as using the restrooms or buying snacks. Make sure to carry enough cash in Peruvian Soles.
- Protect yourself from the sun: The sun can be strong at high altitudes, so make sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Bring a rain jacket: The weather can be unpredictable, and it can rain at any time. Bring a rain jacket or poncho to stay dry.
- Be prepared for the cold: The nights can be very cold, so bring warm clothes, a hat, gloves, and thermal underwear.
- Take your time: The Short Inca Trail is a challenging trek, but it is also a beautiful one. Take your time to enjoy the scenery, take pictures, and rest when you need to.
- Respect the environment: The Short Inca Trail is a protected area, and it is important to respect the environment. Do not litter, stay on the designated trail, and do not disturb the flora and fauna.
The hotel night that we provide in Aguas Calientes is an accommodation that provides:
- Private room
- Private bathroom
- Hot shower
- Internet wifi
Salkantay Trek 3 days is an exciting and less-traveled option for adventurers seeking a shorter route to Machu Picchu. W
Humantay Lake full day is a beautiful glacial lake located in the Andes Mountains of Peru. It is a popular destination f
Machu Picchu tour by car and by train 2 days combined Car and Train Expedition, showcasing the awe-inspiring beauty and
Machu Picchu tour by car 2 days on an economical 2-day car tour, featuring comfortable Mercedes Benz minibuses and profe
Choquequirao trek 3 days is one of the top trek in cusco which allow you to know the lost city of the Incas. Choquequira
La mayoría de las caminatas que terminan en aguas calientes se llenan de gente, especialmente en la temporada alta, por