Journey Through the Andes: Cusco to Aguas Calientes via Ollantaytambo
Embark on a captivating journey as we begin with a 10:00 am pickup from your hotel, followed by a scenic 1 hour and 45-minute transfer to the historic Ollantaytambo train station. Board the 12:55 pm train and delight in a 1 hour and 30-minute ride through picturesque landscapes as you make your way to the charming town of Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and later, at around 7:00 pm, meet with your knowledgeable guide to discuss the exciting details of the upcoming day’s adventure to the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu.
Discovering the Lost City: Machu Picchu to Cusco via Aguas Calientes
On the second day, you’ll have the opportunity to witness the breathtaking sunrise over Machu Picchu, weather permitting, and enjoy the site with fewer visitors. Start your day with a 5 am breakfast at the hotel before taking a 30-minute bus ride from Aguas Calientes to the main entrance of Machu Picchu. The gates open at 6 am, and once you meet your guide, you’ll embark on a 2.5-hour guided tour, learning about the fascinating history and significance of this iconic Inca citadel.
After the guided tour, you may opt to hike either Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain for an elevated perspective, but remember to purchase tickets well in advance for these climbs. If you prefer, simply spend some more time exploring Machu Picchu before taking the bus back down to Aguas Calientes for a leisurely in town.
Afterwards, board the train at 14:30 or 14:55 pm for a 1.5-hour journey back to Ollantaytambo, where a car will be waiting to transport you back to Cusco. You’ll be dropped off at your hotel, bringing an unforgettable adventure to a close.
This comprehensive tour package includes the following services to ensure a seamless and memorable experience:
- Hotel transfer: We’ll provide a convenient pick-up service from your hotel in Cusco, transporting you directly to the Ollantaytambo train station.
- Expedition or Voyager train: Departing at 12:36 or 12:55 for a comfortable and scenic journey from Ollantaytambo to the charming town of Aguas Calientes.
- Accommodation: Spend a night at a hostel in Aguas Calientes, resting up for the next day’s adventure.
- Round-trip bus tickets: We’ll arrange round-trip bus transportation between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu, ensuring a hassle-free journey to and from the ancient citadel.
- Machu Picchu entry: Your tour package includes an entrance ticket to the iconic Machu Picchu site.
- Guided tour: Benefit from the expertise of a professional guide who will accompany you during your visit to Machu Picchu, providing valuable insights and information.
- Return bus: After your Machu Picchu exploration, the bus will take you back to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition or Voyager: Train at either 14:30 or 14:55, as you journey back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. These train options offer a comfortable and enjoyable experience, allowing you to appreciate the stunning landscapes and beautiful scenery that surround you during your return trip. As you travel through the picturesque Andean countryside, take in the magnificent views and relive the unforgettable moments from your Machu Picchu adventure.
- Final transfer: Conclude your adventure with a transfer service from Ollantaytambo back to your hotel in Cusco, ensuring a comfortable and convenient end to your trip.
The tour package does not include the following items, which you should plan for separately:
- Meals: Any meals during the tour, such as breakfasts, lunches, dinners, or snacks, are not covered in the package price. You’ll need to budget for meals and make your own arrangements at local restaurants or cafes in the towns you visit.
- Extra expenses: Personal expenses, such as souvenirs, additional activities, or any incidental costs you may incur during the tour, are not included in the package. You should set aside funds to cover these additional expenses according to your personal preferences.
What to Pack
For a comfortable and enjoyable 2-day Machu Picchu tour by train, it’s essential to dress appropriately and pack the necessary items. Here’s a detailed packing list to help you prepare:
Dressing for the tour:
- Wool hat or beanie: To keep your head warm during cooler temperatures or in the early mornings.
- T-shirt: A breathable, moisture-wicking base layer for comfort during the day.
- Layer: A lightweight, insulating layer to help regulate body temperature as conditions change.
- Jacket: A waterproof or water-resistant jacket is ideal, but if not available, bring a rain poncho for protection against unexpected showers.
- Pants: Comfortable, quick-drying hiking pants or trousers.
- Hiking shoes or sneakers: Sturdy footwear with good traction for walking on varied terrain.
- Sunglasses: To protect your eyes from the sun and glare.
- Gloves: To keep your hands warm during cooler weather or at higher elevations.
What to bring in your day pack:
- Original Passport: Required for identification and entry to Machu Picchu.
- Physical original student card: (if you applied for the student discount)
- Day pack: A small backpack to carry your essentials during the tour.
- Camera: To capture the breathtaking scenery and unforgettable memories.
- Water: We recommend bringing at least 2 liters of water, but you can also purchase additional water along the way.
- Snacks: Pack items like apples, cereal bars, sweets, and chocolates to keep your energy levels up.
- Sun cream: Protect your skin from the sun’s rays during the day.
- Mosquito repellent: To protect against insect bites in the warmer, more humid areas.
- Rain poncho: An essential item in case of unexpected rain showers.
- Cash in soles: Bring enough local currency for extra expenses such as meals, additional water, and other personal needs.
MACHU PICCHU 2-DAY, 1-NIGHT TOUR BY TRAIN (GROUP SERVICE) – SEASON 2023
Adult: $310.00 USD
Student: $290.00 USD
Additional Options to Enhance Your Machu Picchu Trip:
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $60 USD (subject to availability). Check availability at https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/inicio
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $60 USD (subject to availability). Check availability at https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/inicio
- Upgrade to Vistadome – Panoramic Train: $35 USD (one-way upgrade)
- Upgrade to Vistadome – Panoramic Train: $50 USD (round-trip upgrade)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE:
The student price is available for all students around the world, provided that they meet the requirements set by the Peruvian government. This discount is applicable when purchasing Machu Picchu tickets from the Peruvian government.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Your student ID must be an original ID issued by your university, made of PVC material.
The student ID must have the following information printed on it.
- University information.
- Student name.
- Student picture.
- The student ID must have a valid expiration date printed on it, which is only valid for one year. For instance, if you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the expiration date on your ID must be 2023 or 2024. If you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the maximum expiration date allowed is 2024.
- The student discount is available only for students who are not more than 25 years old.
- The International Student Identification Card (ISIC) is not valid for the discount, even if it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- The only valid document for the student price is the original student ID that meets the requirements set by the Peruvian government. No other documents such as certifications or virtual cards are accepted as proof of student status.
- To apply for the student price, send us a photo of both sides of your student ID to email@example.com when you book the tour. If you send it later, you will not be eligible for the student discount.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
TO BOOK THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:
- Choose a reputable, government-authorized tour operator.
- Click the “Book Online” button, select the date, and complete the booking form. Have one person fill it out for the entire group to ensure you’re booked together. Keep your passport handy for accurate information.
- Make a payment online using any debit or credit card. There’s a 2.9% fee for online payments, which customers must cover.
- To secure your MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN provide a $180 deposit per person. This helps obtain necessary permits and tickets from the Peruvian government.
- Optionally, you can pay the full tour amount upfront to avoid any future payment concerns.
- If you choose to pay only the deposit, the remaining balance is due 24 hours before the tour begins. You can pay in cash (soles or dollars) at the office in Cusco or by card (3.9% fee). You can also pay the balance online with any card (2.9% fee).
By following these straightforward steps, you can easily book your MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN experience and focus on preparing for your adventure.
Payment: You can pay for MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN online using any debit or credit card. A 2.9% fee applies to online payments, which customers must cover. To book MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN, a $180 deposit per person is required to secure permits and tickets from the Peruvian government. You can choose to pay the full tour amount upfront to avoid future payment concerns. If you pay only the deposit, the remaining balance is due 24 hours before the tour starts. Pay the balance in cash (soles or dollars) at our office in Cusco, or by card with a 3.9% fee. You can also pay online using any card with a 2.9% fee.
Passport Requirements: Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned entry date to Peru. If it’s set to expire within 6 months, renew it before traveling. If your passport expires within 6 months but you want to secure MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN and Machu Picchu tickets, book the tour and update your passport details with us after renewal. Failure to do so may result in permit and ticket forfeiture.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment. Obtain insurance before departing and consider working with a reputable agency for affordable coverage.
Deposit: The $180 deposit per person for the MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2-DAY TRAIN tour is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Remaining Balance: If you only pay the deposit, the balance is due 24 hours before the tour starts. Pay in cash (soles or dollars) at our office in Cusco or by card with a 3.9% fee. You can also pay online with any card and a 2.9% fee.
Student Discount: If your student card meets Peruvian government requirements, reserve the tour with a deposit and pay the remaining balance upon arrival in Cusco. The student discount will be applied at that time.
La mayoría de las caminatas que terminan en aguas calientes se llenan de gente, especialmente en la temporada alta, por
Palcoyo Day Hike Experience is a scenic Adventure Through a Trio of Rainbow Mountains, embark on an unforgettable journe
Machu Picchu tour 2 Days by train Experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World with this immersive two-day adventure
SALKANTAY TREK + INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 5 DAYS Due to the complete Salkantay trail route is restricted because the natural ph
Moray and Salt Mines of Maras tour are unique Journey into Cusco’s History and Traditions, embark on an unforgetta
Machu Picchu tour by car 2 days on an economical 2-day car tour, featuring comfortable Mercedes Benz minibuses and profe