CUSCO – HUMANTAY LAKE – QUISWARNIYOC PRIVATE CAMP
After picking up everyone from their respective hotels, we depart from Cusco around 5:15 am, driving for 2 hours to the town of Mollepata. Once there, we stop for a delicious breakfast and pay a 10 soles entrance fee to the local municipality. We continue by car for another hour to Soraypampa, where we meet the muleteers and horses that will carry our luggage, food, and each hiker’s 7 kilos of personal belongings provided in duffle bags.
We start the 2-hour uphill hike to Humantay Lake. Upon arrival, you’ll have ample time to explore, take photos, and listen to the guide’s explanation about the significance of Humantay Lake. After spending a couple of hours at the lake, we descend for 2 hours to the exclusive Quiswarniyoc Camp, where a wholesome lunch awaits.
Following lunch, you have free time to explore the stunning area. If you desire more hiking, you can ascend to the Salkantay Mirador for a panoramic view of the entire region. If you prefer to rest, relax in the Crystal Igloos, which are cabins featuring glass doors, pillows, sleeping pads, and nighttime illumination.
Quiswarniyoc Private Camp, located at 4,000 meters, is an exclusive campsite offering short hiking trails, mountain views, and waterfalls. You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and even take pictures with the llamas that inhabit the camp.
QUISWARNIYOC - SALKANTAY PASS (4630M) - CUSCO.
The second day of the trek is more challenging, as it takes you to the highest point of the entire Salkantay trail, offering fantastic mountain views and a visit to Salkantay Lake.
At around 5:00 am, the cooks will wake you with a cup of hot coca tea, giving you time to repack and prepare for a nutritious breakfast served at around 5:45 am. Afterward, it’s time to begin the ascent to the highest point of the Salkantay trail, which stands at 4,630 meters. The uphill hike takes approximately 3 to 4 hours at a steady, slow pace.
Upon reaching the summit, you’ll have time to admire the mountain views, take photos, and learn about the mountain gods from your guide. You’ll also participate in a small Andean ritual to honor the Apus, the mountain gods. Afterward, you’ll begin the 2.5-hour downhill trek back to Soraypampa, where transportation will be waiting to take you to Mollepata for lunch. Following lunch, you’ll continue with a two-hour drive back to Cusco, arriving at approximately 6:00 pm.
- This package includes round-trip transportation between Cusco and Soraypampa, ensuring a comfortable and hassle-free journey to and from your destination. You’ll be picked up at a designated location in Cusco and transported to Soraypampa, then brought back to Cusco at the end of your adventure.
- During the trip, you’ll be provided with a total of five meals, including two lunches, one dinner, and two breakfasts. All meals are prepared by experienced chefs, offering a taste of local cuisine and ensuring you stay fueled and energized throughout your adventure.
- A professional tour guide will accompany your group, sharing their expert knowledge of the area and ensuring your safety during the excursion. They will also offer insights into local history, culture, and natural wonders, making the trip a truly enriching experience.
- A comfortable sleeping bag will be provided for your use during the trip, ensuring you stay warm and cozy during the night. You won’t need to bring your own, which helps lighten your load while traveling.
- The highlight of this package is the unique experience of spending one night in a Crystal Igloo. These transparent igloos offer stunning, unobstructed views of the surrounding landscape and sky, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the beauty of the area. The Crystal Igloo also provides a comfortable and memorable overnight stay, making your trip even more special.
To provide a more comprehensive understanding of what is not included in this package, the following details are worth noting:
- Firstly, the entrance fee to Humantay Lake, charged by the local government of Mollepata, is not included in the package cost. This fee is currently 20 soles per person and is paid on-site at the entrance to the lake. It is important to note that this fee is subject to change, and visitors are advised to check the latest fee before their trip.
- Secondly, travel insurance is not included in this package. While all necessary precautions are taken to ensure the safety of travelers, accidents or unforeseen events can occur during travel. To protect oneself from such situations, it is recommended to purchase travel insurance before embarking on the trip.
- Additionally, any extra expenses incurred during the trip, such as personal purchases, additional meals or drinks not included in the package, or optional activities, are not covered in the package cost. Travelers are responsible for any such expenses.
What to Pack
If you are planning on embarking on the Salkantay Trek 2-day hike, here is a detailed packing list to ensure that you have everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable journey:
- Wool hat or beanie
- Layer (such as a fleece or sweatshirt)
- Waterproof or water-resistant jacket (if your jacket is not waterproof, bring a rain poncho)
- Hiking pants or comfortable outdoor pants
- Hiking shoes (or sneakers if you don’t have hiking shoes)
- Small backpack to carry water, snacks, camera, etc.
- Water (at least 2 liters, but you can also buy more on the way)
- Snacks (such as apples, cereal bars, sweets, and chocolates)
- Sun cream
- Rain poncho
Additional Items (optional):
- Trekking poles (can be rented in Cusco)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Camera or phone charger
Make sure to pack your items in a waterproof or water-resistant bag to protect your belongings from any potential rain or wet conditions. It is important to note that the weather in the Andes can be unpredictable, and it is best to pack clothing that can be layered to adjust to changing temperatures. With this packing list, you will be well-prepared to tackle the Salkantay Trek and fully immerse yourself in the beautiful scenery of the Peruvian Andes.
PRICE: SALKANTAY HIKE 2-DAY, 1-NIGHT GROUP SERVICE FOR THE 2023 SEASON.
Student: $110 USD
Adult: $120 USD
- Additionally, there is an option to add trekking poles to your Salkantay Hike for an extra cost of $10 USD for a pair of poles for the entire trek. Trekking poles are beneficial for providing stability and support during the hike, particularly when going uphill or downhill on uneven terrain.
- It’s important to note that these prices are for group services, which means that you will be hiking with other people who have also booked this service.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
BOOKING SALKANTAY PASS + HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE 2D – 1N
- Booking the SALKANTAY PASS + HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE 2D – 1N tour is very easy, you can click on the yellow button that says BOOK ONLINE which will take you to a reservation platform where you can choose the DATE OF YOUR TRIP (we have daily availability) then it will ask you for general information which you have to fill them, then you can proceed with the payment of the tour, the payment you can make with any type of debit or credit card.
- Once you finish filling in the data and confirm the payment, you will receive an email confirming the tour and payment, then you will receive a personalized and detailed email about the tour that you keep in mind all the details of your trip to SALKANTAY PASS + HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE 2D – 1N.
- You can book until 7:00 pm one day before starting the tour.
- Booking Online has a fee of 2.9% covered by the customer
BOOKING AT THE OFFICE:
- If you like, you can come to our office in Cusco we are located in the Downtown – Portal Nuevo 270 Plaza Regocijo. One of our counters will explain the details of the tour and you get a map of the tour.
Payment method in the office
- You can pay in cash, we accept dollars, euros, and Peruvian soles.
- You can pay with any type of card but there is a fee of 3.9% covered by the customer
TO BOOK THE SALKANTAY PASS + HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE 2D – 1N WE NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- Full name
- WhatsApp number or Peruvian cellphone number
- Hotel name in Cusco
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION AND CHANGING POLICY
- If you cancel the tour 48 hours in advance, we will refund 100% of the amount you paid for the tour. To cancel the tour, you have to send an email to email@example.com
- If you cancel the tour 24 hours in advance, we will refund 50% of the amount you paid for the tour. To cancel the tour, you have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Machu Picchu reservations may cancel the tour 24 hours before due to weather reasons, such as landslides, river floods or police situations, such as strikes that do not provide the security of the case; we will refund 100% of the amount paid for the tour.
- If you do not show up the tour at the agreed place and time, there is no refund.
- If you are already on tour and, perhaps for some reason, you cannot continue, there is no refund, but our guides will assist you to help you with any emergency that may arise.
- You can change the date of your tour within 24 hours without any penalty, you just have to send us a clear email with the new date you want to do the tour: Email us to: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions Humantay Lake With Salkantay Pass Trek
How long does it take the hike for the rainbow mountain?
The way up takes between 1.5 to 2 hours on a regular trail, If you make the same way to return akes like 1.5 hours and if I return through the red valley it takes about 2 hours.
When is the best time to go?
It is a difficult question to answer as Peru has a vast variety of conditions. The best time is Dry season runs from May to November, and this is typically the time that is most recommended.
Do I need to bring my passport for this tour?
For Rainbow Mountain, you do not need to carry any documents, only for emergencies or some unexpected control you can take a copy of your passport.
What type of transportation is used?
All the vehicles that we use for this type of tour are the Sprinter Mercedes Benz modern minibusses that have all the documentation required by the national authorities, all the cars are maintained daily to keep them in good condition and clean, and each vehicle got logged correctly.
Will the altitude affect me?
When traveling throughout the Andes in Peru, some people will suffer some effects of it. If you plan to hike the rainbow mountain, we recommend arriving 2 or 3 days before the start to acclimate and rest or you can do it on the last day of your time in Cusco since that the rainbow mountain is at 5000m.
What can I do to prevent altitude sickness?
We recommend being in Cusco for at least two days and drinking as much water as you can and drinking coca tea that can order anywhere you want, you can also prepare it yourself with boiled water and dried coca leaves. At least one day before the tour we recommend eating light food and if you have any medication prescribed by a doctor you can take it and the best thing that you can do is to keep in mind that you will be fine.
How do I reserve a space for the rainbow mountain?
Just click on the BOOK NOW button and fill out all the required information and one of our sales advisors will contact you immediately and if you want to talk by WhatsApp with a specialist, you can contact this number. +51974217700
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. We require a booking deposit of 20 dollars for Rainbow Mountain; if you cancel the tour 24 hours in advance, you will have a 100% refund, if you do not do it within 24 hours, you will lose the money deposited.
What happens after I make my deposit?
Once we receive the deposit, we confirm your reservation through email sending you all the details about the tour.
Can I go by horse to the Rainbow Mountain?
Yes, you can go by horse to the mountain of colors, you can rent horses directly from the local people that cost between 60 and 80 soles per person.
How long will I stay in the rainbow mountain?
The time that we usually spend at the rainbow mountain viewpoint is about an hour, depending on the group pace and the weather conditions.
- Prepare Physically: The Humantay Lake tour involves hiking at high altitudes, so it’s essential to be physically prepared. Engage in regular exercise and cardio activities before your trip to build endurance and acclimate your body to higher elevations.
- Stay Hydrated: Hydration is crucial during the hike, as the altitude can cause dehydration. Carry a refillable water bottle and drink plenty of fluids throughout the journey. Consider using water purification tablets or a filtered water bottle to ensure a safe water supply.
- Dress Appropriately: The weather in the Andes can be unpredictable, so it’s important to dress in layers. Wear comfortable, moisture-wicking clothing that can be easily adjusted as temperatures fluctuate. Don’t forget to bring a waterproof jacket or poncho in case of rain.
- Protect Yourself from the Sun: The sun’s rays can be intense at high altitudes. Apply sunscreen with a high SPF, wear a wide-brimmed hat, and use sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Pack Snacks and Energy Boosters: Keep your energy levels up by bringing lightweight, high-energy snacks such as nuts, granola bars, and dried fruits. These will provide sustenance during the hike and keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Take Your Time: The Humantay Lake tour involves hiking steep terrain, so it’s important to pace yourself and take breaks when needed. Listen to your body and allow yourself time to adjust to the altitude. Take in the stunning surroundings and enjoy the journey.
- Engage with a Knowledgeable Guide: To enhance your experience and ensure your safety, it is recommended to go on the Humantay Lake tour with a knowledgeable guide. They will provide valuable insights, share interesting facts about the region, and assist you throughout the trek.
- Respect the Environment: The Humantay Lake area is a pristine natural paradise, so it’s essential to practice responsible tourism. Follow the designated trails, dispose of waste properly, and avoid leaving any traces of your visit. Let’s preserve this stunning ecosystem for future generations to enjoy.
- Capture the Moment: Don’t forget to bring your camera or smartphone to capture the breathtaking beauty of Humantay Lake. Take photos of the turquoise waters, the surrounding mountains, and the flora and fauna that make this place truly magical.
- Embrace the Magic: Above all, immerse yourself in the enchanting ambiance of Humantay Lake. Take the time to appreciate the tranquility, the stunning scenery, and the sense of awe that this natural wonder evokes. Allow yourself to be fully present and create lasting memories.
Classic Inca Trail 4 days to Machu Picchu is one of the most famous and iconic trekking routes in the world. This four-d
TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE 2 DAYS ADVENTURE and Lago Sandoval 2 days tour is a journey starts in Puerto Maldonado as we
Cusco City Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 3 days tour is our exclusive 3-day private tour. Our expertly crafted itinerar
Amazon tour Manu Cultural Zone 4-Day Embark on a 4-day adventure through the Manu Cultural Zone, beginning in Cusco and
Amazon Tour Manu Cultural zone 3 days trip that will take you deep into the heart of the Manu National Park, located in
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in one day adventure to Machu Picchu, the perfect option for those who love exploring and see