CUSCO - CUSIPATA - PALCOYO - CUSCO
- Hotel Pick-Up: Start your day with pick-up from your hotel 7:00 am.
- Drive to Palcoyo: Embark on a scenic 3.5-hour car ride from Cusco to Palcoyo.
- Palcoyo Exploration: Immerse yourself in a 2-hours guided hike, discovering the captivating beauty of Palcoyo’s mountain landscapes and attractions.
- Return to Cusco: Relax during the 3.5-hours car ride back to Cusco, with an expected arrival time of around 4:30 pm.
- Cusipata Meal Stops: Enjoy a 1-hour breakfast and lunch stop at Cusipata town, savoring delicious cuisine in a charming local restaurant.
Palcoyo Day Hike Experience – Private Service:
- Exclusive Round-Trip Transportation: Enjoy the convenience of private, round-trip transportation in modern vehicles, ensuring a comfortable journey.
- Nutritious Breakfast: Begin your day with a delicious breakfast to fuel your adventure.
- Satisfying Buffet Lunch: Indulge in a delectable buffet lunch featuring a variety of local and international dishes.
- Bilingual Professional Guide: Experience the tour with a professional, bilingual guide fluent in both English and Spanish, providing valuable insights and information.
- Palcoyo Mountain Entrance Tickets: Gain access to the stunning Palcoyo Mountain with the included entrance tickets.
- Comfortable Walking Stick: Make use of a provided walking stick to enhance your hiking experience and ensure maximum comfort.
- Personal gear
What to Pack
Recommended Attire and Items to Bring for the Rainbow Mountain Tour
What to Wear:
- Wool hat: Keep your head warm with a cozy wool hat.
- T-shirt: Wear a comfortable, moisture-wicking t-shirt as your base layer.
- Additional layer: Bring an insulating layer, such as a fleece or light down jacket, for added warmth.
- Long pants: Choose quick-drying hiking pants for optimal comfort.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes with UV-protective sunglasses.
- Gloves: Wear lightweight gloves to keep your hands warm.
- Small backpack: Carry a backpack to store essentials such as water, snacks, a camera, and other personal items.
What to Bring:
- 2 liters of water: Stay hydrated by bringing enough water (additional options to purchase water are available along the route).
- Snacks: Pack snacks such as apples, cereal bars, sweets, and chocolates for energy during your hike.
- Sun cream: Protect your skin with a high-SPF sunscreen.
- Rain jacket or poncho: Be prepared for unexpected weather with a lightweight, packable rain jacket or poncho.
PRICE FOR PALCOYO DAY HIKE EXPERIENCE – PRIVATE TOUR SERVICE
Our prices for this private tour vary depending on the number of people in your group, as well as whether there are any students or children eligible for discounts. The tour is ideal for families, couples, or friends seeking a personalized experience.
- 01 Person minimum: $ 200 USD per person
- 02 people minimum: $115 USD per person
- 03 people minimum: $ 90 USD per person
- 04 people minimum: $ 75 USD per person
- 05 people minimum: $ 65 USD per person
- 06 people minimum: $ 55 USD per person
Please note that these prices are set for a private tour tailored to your group’s preferences and requirements.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
TO BOOK PALCOYO DAY HIKE EXPERIENCE, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:
- Choose a reputable, government-authorized tour operator.
- Click the “Book Online” button, select the date, and complete the booking form. Have one person fill it out for the entire group to ensure you’re booked together. Keep your passport handy for accurate information.
- Make a payment online using any debit or credit card. There’s a 2.9% fee for online payments, which customers must cover.
- To secure your Machu Picchu tour by car 2 days, provide a $50 deposit per person. This helps obtain necessary permits and tickets from the Peruvian government.
- Optionally, you can pay the full tour amount upfront to avoid any future payment concerns.
- If you choose to pay only the deposit, the remaining balance is due 24 hours before the tour begins. You can pay in cash (soles or dollars) at the office in Cusco or by card (3.9% fee). You can also pay the balance online with any card (2.9% fee).
By following these straightforward steps, you can easily book your PALCOYO DAY HIKE EXPERIENCE and focus on preparing for your adventure.
Payment: You can pay for PALCOYO DAY HIKE EXPERIENCE online using any debit or credit card. A 2.9% fee applies to online payments, which customers must cover. To book Machu Picchu tour By car, a $250 deposit per person is required to secure permits and tickets from the Peruvian government. You can choose to pay the full tour amount upfront to avoid future payment concerns. If you pay only the deposit, the remaining balance is due 24 hours before the tour starts. Pay the balance in cash (soles or dollars) at our office in Cusco, or by card with a 3.9% fee. You can also pay online using any card with a 2.9% fee.
Passport Requirements: Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned entry date to Peru. If it’s set to expire within 6 months, renew it before traveling. If your passport expires within 6 months but you want to secure your tickets, book the tour and update your passport details with us after renewal. Failure to do so may result in permit and ticket forfeiture.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment. Obtain insurance before departing and consider working with a reputable agency for affordable coverage.
Deposit: The $50 deposit per person for PALCOYO DAY HIKE EXPERIENCE is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Remaining Balance: If you only pay the deposit, the balance is due 24 hours before the tour starts. Pay in cash (soles or dollars) at our office in Cusco or by card with a 3.9% fee. You can also pay online with any card and a 2.9% fee.
Frequently Asked Questions PALCOYO DAY HIKE EXPERINCE
FAQS Palcoyo Day Hike
How did Palcoyo originate?
The Palcoyo mountain range, as well as Vinicunca, (Rainbow Mountain), originate thanks to an impressive geological process where the strata of the earth are aligned creating layers of different colors with a surprising effect.
Near Palcoyo you can also find a mysterious forest of stones, where whimsical rock formations give shape to a geological labyrinth.
How difficult is the hike to Palcoyo?
The difficulty of the hike to the Cordillera de Colores de Palcoyo is moderate, and this makes it interesting for people who do not like to walk much or who do not have enough performance to do trekking.
Where can I stay?
The Cordillera de Colores Palcoyo is a new destination, so it is very difficult to find hotels or hostels, however, there are houses with lodging in the town center of Checacupe and you can also choose the option of staying overnight in Chuquicahuana.
Where to eat in Palcoyo Cusco?
You will find local restaurants that cater to tourists, in the district of Checacupe and enjoy the typical dishes of the area.
What is the best time of the year to visit Palcoyo?
The best season to go sightseeing and visit the Cordillera de Colores Palcoyo, is during the dry season, between the months of May to October, during this season the weather is pleasant and helps to observe more clearly the Cordillera de Palcoyo, thanks to the sunny days of the season, and thus, take fantastic pictures in this incredible place.
The red river of Palcoyo
Near the Cordillera de Colores de Palcoyo, there is a small tributary of water that during the rainy season increases its flow, carrying with it the reddish soil of the land where it is located. This river takes on the same coloration that has attracted the attention of many visitors.
Palcoyo or Vinicunca?
The effort and time required to reach Palcoyo is less than that needed to reach Vinicunca, and Vinicunca receives hundreds of tourists daily, so the scenic experience is less than that of visiting Palccoyo.
Undoubtedly, Vinicunca remains the biggest challenge for intrepid travelers eager to conquer this challenge, while Palcoyo is an excellent option for those who want a more accessible route.
Why Choose Machupicchu Reservations
we offer all the tours for guests to enjoy the outdoors, we offer Salkantay trek, Inca trail, Machu Picchu tours, we offer day hiking trips, such as Rainbow Mountain Hike, Incas Sacred Valley, Humantay Lake other alternative trekking tours like Inca jungle trail, Choquequirao trek, we offer guiding and supported trips, we offer glass igloos-based tours and camping-based tours.
Machu Picchu Reservations tours are all-inclusive and expert-led, our guests got to show up and focus 100% on the trip experience you do not have to worry about planning, packing, permits, tickets, or any of the headache stuff.
To people who love travel and hiking Machu Picchu Reservations literally has something for everyone we operated all the tours in Cusco with exceptional and personalized service this makes us one of the best-rated companies in the city of Cusco with 5 stars on TripAdvisor, Google, and other social networks.
Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
La mayoría de las caminatas que terminan en aguas calientes se llenan de gente, especialmente en la temporada alta, por
Classic Inca Trail 4 Days: All-Inclusive Door-to-Door Service
Classic Inca Trail 4 days to Machu Picchu is one of the most famous and iconic trekking routes in the world. This four-d
Salkantay Trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu
Salkantay trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Andes with our 4-Day Salkantay
AMAZON TOUR MANU CULTURAL ZONE 3D – 2N
Amazon Tour Manu Cultural zone 3 days trip that will take you deep into the heart of the Manu National Park, located in
Salkantay Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu + Lacctapata
Salkantay Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu is one of the most scenic and thrilling routes to reach Machu Picchu. With glacier
CUSCO CITY SACRED VALLEY AND MACHU PICCHU 3 DAYS TOUR
Cusco City Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 3 days tour is our exclusive 3-day private tour. Our expertly crafted itinerar