PUERTO MALDONADO – WALK LAKE SANDOVAL – MALOKA SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE
Upon your arrival in Puerto Maldonado, whether by airplane or bus, you will be greeted by your knowledgeable guide. They will accompany you to our office in downtown, where you can conveniently repack and store any unnecessary luggage for the duration of the tour. Next, we will proceed to the Touristic Port (Puerto Capitania), where we will embark on a motorized boat for a delightful 45-minute downstream journey to the Sandoval port. From there, we will venture into the heart of Tambopata National Reserve, specifically the captivating Sandoval Lake.
To reach the Sandoval Lake Lodge, we will undertake a scenic 3-kilometer walk (which can be muddy during the wet season), lasting approximately one hour. Upon reaching a small port, we will transfer to a rowing canoe and continue our picturesque half-hour rowing experience until we reach the enchanting Maloka Sandoval Lodge. Upon arrival, you will receive a warm welcome with a refreshing, locally flavored juice. After a brief orientation about the lodge, you will settle into your comfortable accommodations.
Following a well-deserved rest, we will embark on an exciting night walk through the forest, equipped with flashlights or headlamps. This nocturnal adventure offers an opportunity to spot fascinating creatures such as the night monkey (Musmuqui), frogs, snakes, and other active insects. We will return to the lodge for a delicious dinner and spend the night in this peaceful and serene environment.
SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE - PUERO MADONADO - DROP OFF
Rise and shine for an early morning adventure as we embark on a canoe ride around the captivating Sandoval Lake. Our goal is to catch a glimpse of some of the most remarkable and endangered species that inhabit the Sandoval Lake Lodge. One such iconic species is the giant river otter, also known as the river wolf, which thrives in small, closely-knit family groups. These magnificent creatures, considered the largest otters in the world, are highly territorial and can be observed hunting and fishing in the lake during the early morning hours. It’s truly a sight to behold, as they consume an astonishing 4 kilograms of fish each day.
After this incredible wildlife encounter, we will return to the lodge for a hearty breakfast, replenishing our energy for the day ahead. Following breakfast, we will bid farewell to the Tambopata National Reserve and retrace our steps back to the Sandoval Lake Lodge port, located on the banks of the Madre de Dios River. Our trusty boat will be waiting to transport us back to Puerto Maldonado.
Once we arrive in Puerto Maldonado, you will have the opportunity to re-pack your belongings before your guide escorts you to the airport. As your unforgettable journey comes to an end, take a moment to reflect on the extraordinary experiences and memories you’ve made in the pristine rainforest of Peru’s Tambopata region.
We are pleased to provide you with a range of inclusive services to enhance your experience at Sandoval Lake Lodge:
- Bilingual Local Tour Guide: Throughout your journey, you will be accompanied by a knowledgeable and fluent bilingual guide. They will ensure that you have a deep understanding of the local flora, fauna, and cultural aspects, making your exploration both informative and engaging.
- Customized Meals: We understand and cater to individual dietary preferences. Whether you follow a vegetarian or have specific dietary requirements, our skilled chefs will prepare delicious meals that meet your needs. Indulge in a variety of flavorful dishes that showcase the local cuisine while accommodating your preferences.
- Purified Water: Staying hydrated is essential, and we provide purified water during your stay to ensure your well-being. You can freely access clean and safe drinking water, allowing you to fully enjoy your adventure without worrying about hydration.
- Transfer Transportation: We offer convenient transfer transportation to and from the airport, ensuring a seamless arrival and departure process. Our reliable vehicles and drivers will ensure your comfort and safety during the journey.
- Comfortable Rooms with Private Bathroom: Your comfort is our priority, and our lodge provides comfortable rooms equipped with private bathrooms. Enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating stay in a cozy and well-appointed space, allowing you to unwind and recharge after a day of exploration.
- First-Aid Kit: Your safety is of utmost importance to us. A first-aid kit is readily available at the lodge, ensuring that any minor medical concerns can be promptly addressed by our trained staff.
- Rubber Boots for the Rainy Season: During the wet season, the terrain can become muddy and wet. To ensure your comfort and ease of movement, we provide rubber boots. These boots will keep your feet dry and secure as you navigate the trails and explore the lush surroundings.
- Entrance Tickets to the Tambopata Reserve: Your package includes entrance tickets to the Tambopata National Reserve. This allows you to immerse yourself fully in the stunning natural beauty and biodiversity of the reserve without any additional hassle or costs.
These included services are designed to make your stay at Sandoval Lake Lodge as comfortable, convenient, and enriching as possible. We strive to exceed your expectations and create unforgettable memories of your time in the Tambopata region.
Please note that the following items are not included in our package:
- Alcoholic Drinks: While we provide a range of refreshing non-alcoholic beverages, any alcoholic drinks consumed during your stay at Sandoval Lake Lodge will be an additional cost. Our staff can assist you in choosing from a selection of alcoholic beverages available for purchase.
- Airplane or Bus Tickets: The cost of transportation to Puerto Maldonado, including airplane or bus tickets, is not included in our package. We recommend arranging your transportation separately based on your preferences and travel arrangements.
- Airport Taxes: Any applicable taxes or fees levied by the airport are not included in our package price. These taxes are typically collected at the airport during departure and are the responsibility of the traveler.
- Tips: Gratuities for the staff and guides at Sandoval Lake Lodge are not included in the package cost. While tipping is not mandatory, it is customary to show appreciation for excellent service. If you feel that the service provided has met or exceeded your expectations, you may consider leaving a tip as a gesture of gratitude.
We want to ensure transparency regarding what is and isn’t included in our package to avoid any confusion. If you have any further questions or require assistance with additional arrangements, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
What to Pack
We highly recommend that you bring the following items for your adventure at Sandoval Lake Lodge:
- Sunblock: Protect your skin from the strong tropical sun by applying sunblock with a high SPF rating. This will help prevent sunburn and keep your skin healthy during your outdoor activities.
- Mosquito Repellent: The Amazon rainforest is home to various insects, including mosquitoes. To avoid discomfort and potential bites, bring mosquito repellent containing DEET or other effective ingredients. Apply it generously to exposed skin and clothing.
- Cap or Hat: Shield yourself from the sun’s rays by wearing a cap or hat. This will provide additional protection for your face and keep you cool during your excursions.
- Rain Poncho: As the rainforest is known for its occasional showers, a lightweight and waterproof rain poncho is essential. Stay dry and comfortable while exploring the lush surroundings.
- Long Pants and Long-Sleeve Shirts: Wearing long pants and long-sleeve shirts made from lightweight, breathable fabric can help protect you from both insects and the sun. They also provide an extra layer of comfort and protection against scratches and scrapes.
- Flashlight or Headlamp: A reliable flashlight or headlamp is essential for navigating the forest during night walks or in areas with limited lighting. Ensure that your light source has sufficient battery power and pack spare batteries if needed.
- Hiking Shoes: To fully enjoy the trails and varied terrain, sturdy and comfortable hiking shoes are recommended. Choose footwear with good traction and ankle support to ensure stability and prevent slips or injuries.
- Binoculars: Enhance your wildlife viewing experience by bringing binoculars. Spot elusive birds, monkeys, and other creatures from a distance and appreciate their beauty up close.
- Plastic Bags: Protect your electronics and other sensitive items from potential rain or water damage by packing them in plastic bags or waterproof cases. This will ensure they stay dry and functional throughout your journey.
By packing these essential items, you’ll be well-prepared to make the most of your time in the rainforest, staying comfortable, protected, and ready to embrace the wonders of nature.
PRICE: TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE 2 DAYS ADVENTURE (GROUP SERVICE) – 2023 SEASON:
Student: $150 USD
Adult: $170 USD
- HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE:
- The student price is available for all students around the world, provided that they meet the requirements set by the Peruvian government. This discount is applicable when purchasing tickets from the Peruvian government.
- TO QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Your student ID must be an original ID issued by your university, made of PVC material.
- The student ID must have the following information printed on it.
- University information.
- Student name.
- Student picture.
- The student ID must have a valid expiration date printed on it, which is only valid for one year. For instance, if you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the expiration date on your ID must be 2023 or 2024. If you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the maximum expiration date allowed is 2024.
- The student discount is available only for students who are not more than 25 years old.
- The International Student Identification Card (ISIC) is not valid for the discount, even if it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- The only valid document for the student price is the original student ID that meets the requirements set by the Peruvian government. No other documents such as certifications or virtual cards are accepted as proof of student status.
- To apply for the student price, send us a photo of both sides of your student ID to email@example.com when you book the tour. If you send it later, you will not be eligible for the student discount.
Humantay Lake full day is a beautiful glacial lake located in the Andes Mountains of Peru. It is a popular destination f
Salkantay Trek and Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is a perfect combination for those who love nature and trekking adventures
Sacred Valley Tour with Machu Picchu Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in 2 days are a perfect combination to visit the mos
CAMINATA LLACTAPATA A MACHU PICCHU 3D-2N: Llactapata Trek es uno de los aspectos más destacados de Salkantay Trek y un
Salkantay Trek 3 days is an exciting and less-traveled option for adventurers seeking a shorter route to Machu Picchu. W
Llactapata Trek to Machu Picchu 3 day is a standout feature of the Salkantay Trek, which follows an ancient Inca path le