CUSCO - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
A transfer from the Machu Picchu reservations company will pick you up from your hotel at 4:00 AM. Please wait at the reception of your hotel or Airbnb, ready to go. The car will drive you for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to the train station in Ollantaytambo, where our driver will drop you off to take the train at either 6:10 AM or 6:40 AM to Aguas Calientes town. The train journey takes approximately 1.5 hours. Once you arrive at the train station in Aguas Calientes town, the base town of Machu Picchu, our guide will be waiting for you with a sign that says “MACHU PICCHU RESERVATIONS” or with your names. After meeting the guide and receiving some instructions, you will have 20 to 40 minutes of free time (to have coffee, buy some snacks, water, or use the restroom). Afterwards, you will join the line to take the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, which takes a 30-minute drive. Once you arrive at the main gate of Machu Picchu around 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, you will enter Machu Picchu with the tour guide.
Machu Picchu Guided Tour: We have included a Machu Picchu ticket in the program, and the first choice for the type of circuit included is either circuit 02 or 01. However, if there are no available spaces for the first option, we will include circuit 04 or 03 as a second option. This will depend on the availability of Machu Picchu tickets, and if you prefer to get the first option, it is better to book in advance. (Check more details here.)
Once you arrive at Machu Picchu, our tour guide will take you on a guided tour of the Inca city along the circuit included in your ticket. The tour guide will provide explanations about Machu Picchu, and give you time to take pictures and enjoy the views of the Inca city. The guide will also take you to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. The tour lasts around 2.5 hours in Machu Picchu. After the tour, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes Town for 30 minutes. Once back in Aguas Calientes, you will have some time to buy lunch or explore the town a bit before going to the train station to take the train back to Cusco. The train departs around 14:30 or 14:55 pm from Aguas Calientes back to Ollantaytambo, which takes 1.5 hours. The train takes you back to Ollantaytambo train station, where our transfer will be waiting for you with your names to board you in the car and drive you back to Cusco for 1.45 hours. You will be dropped off at your hotel in Cusco around 6:30 pm
- PICK UP TIME FROM YOUR HOTEL IN CUSCO: 4:00 AM
- TRAIN TIME FROM OLLANTAYTAMBO TO AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN: 6:10 AM or 6:40 AM
- MACHU PICCHU ENTRANCER TIME: 9:00 AM or 10:00 AM
- TRAIN BACK FROM AGUAS CALIENTES TO OLLANTAYTAMBO: 14:30 or 14:55
- BACK IN CUSCO IN THE HOTEL AROUND: 6:30 PM
INCLUSIONS FOR THE WAY TO MACHU PICCHU
- Private transportation: You will be provided to pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo, which is a 1 hour and 45-minute trip.
- Train ticket: You take one of the EXPEDITION at 6:10 am, or VOYAGER at 6:40 am from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo, better known as Aguas Calientes, which is a 1 hour and 30-minute trip.”
- Bus ticket: From Aguas Calientes, a 30-minute bus ride will take you to Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu: You will have an entrance ticket for Machu Picchu at 9:00 am or 10 am and a guided tour, which will last approximately 2,5 hours
- Tour guide: A professional English-Spanish-speaking guide who will take you on a 2.5-hour tour of Machu Picchu. The guide will explain everything about this historical site.
INCLUSIONS FOR THE WAY BACK TO CUSCO
- Bus ticket: From Machu Picchu, a 30-minute bus ride will take you to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Train ticket: You take one of the EXPEDITION at 14:55, or VOYAGER at 14:30 from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, which is a 1 hour and 30-minute trip.”
- Private transportation: We provide you with pick you up from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco, a 1 hour and 45-minute trip. Drop off at your hotel.
Please note: That meals and tips are not included in the tour.
What to Pack
WHAT TO PACK FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR FULL DAY BY TRAIN
When packing for a full day trip to Machu Picchu by train, it is important to consider the variable weather conditions and the activities you will be doing throughout the day. Here is a list of essentials to pack for your Machu Picchu adventure:
- Passport: You will need to present your passport at the entrance of Machu Picchu, so make sure to bring it with you.
- Tickets: Ensure you have your train and entrance tickets printed or downloaded to your mobile device.
- Daypack: Bring a lightweight and comfortable daypack to carry all your essentials.
- Comfortable clothing: Dress in comfortable layers that are suitable for changing weather conditions. It’s essential to bring a waterproof and windproof jacket.
- Sturdy walking shoes: Wear comfortable, sturdy shoes with good traction to walk around Machu Picchu’s steep and uneven terrain.
- Sun protection: Pack sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun’s rays at high altitudes.
- Insect repellent: Bring insect repellent to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- Water bottle: It’s essential to stay hydrated at high altitudes. Bring a refillable water bottle.
- Snacks: Bring light snacks like energy bars or fruit to keep yourself fueled throughout the day.
- Camera: Capture the unforgettable views of Machu Picchu and your memories.
- Cash: Bring cash in local currency in case you need to buy anything or tip your guides.
Remember to pack lightly and leave any unnecessary items behind. Enjoy your Machu Picchu adventure!
PRICES: MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY TOUR BY TRAIN – SEASON 2023
The prices for the Machu Picchu tour may vary slightly as we purchase the tickets from the Peruvian government, which charges different rates based on various factors such as age (adult or student), nationality (Peruvian or Andean community member), and others.
- ADULT: 270.00 US Dollars
- STUDENT: 250.00 US Dollars
- CHILDREN: 250 US Dollars
PRICES: FOR PERUVIANS AND ANDEAN COMMUNITY COUNTRIES – CAN (COLOMBIA, ECUADOR, PERU, AND BOLIVIA. The prices for the Machu Picchu tour are different for Peruvians and citizens of Andean Community countries (CAN), which include Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia.
- ADULT: 250.00 US Dollars
- STUDENT: 240.00 US Dollars
- CHILDREN: 240.00 US Dollars
EXTRA OPTION TO ADD ON: If you upgrade to one way VISTADOME TRAIN usually is for the way back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- UP-GRADE TO VISTADOME TRAIN ONE WAY: 35 US Dollars
- UP-GRADE TO VISTADOME TRAIN ROUND TRIP: 50 US Dollars
What is the difference between the vistadome train and the expdetion or vogayer train
EXPEDITION / VOGAYER TRAIN: They are tourist service trains that have all the comforts on board and with decoration inspired by the Inca culture also they have large windows to enjoy the views of the landscapes while you travel in the train
VISTADOME TRAIN: Vistadome train offers a unique and different way to travel to Machu Picchu. Each car has panoramic windows and a crystal dome, enabling you to feel part of your surroundings with panoramic views. Also, on the Vistadome train, they provide small snacks and entertain you with shows as dance, and music, also featuring an authentic baby alpaca wool collection with the exclusive trends in alpaca apparel
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE:
The student price is available for all students around the world, provided that they meet the requirements set by the Peruvian government. This discount is applicable when purchasing Machu Picchu tickets from the Peruvian government.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT PRICE, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Your student ID must be an original ID issued by your university, made of PVC material.
The student ID must have the following information printed on it.
- University information.
- Student name.
- Student picture.
- The student ID must have a valid expiration date printed on it, which is only valid for one year. For instance, if you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the expiration date on your ID must be 2023 or 2024. If you visit Machu Picchu in 2023, the maximum expiration date allowed is 2024.
- The student discount is available only for students who are not more than 25 years old.
- The International Student Identification Card (ISIC) is not valid for the discount, even if it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- The only valid document for the student price is the original student ID that meets the requirements set by the Peruvian government. No other documents such as certifications or virtual cards are accepted as proof of student status.
- To apply for the student price, send us a photo of both sides of your student ID to email@example.com when you book the tour. If you send it later, you will not be eligible for the student discount.
CHILDREN PRICE: Children from 03 years to 17 years old are considered for the Children’s price, and children younger than 03 years old do not pay for the trip but do not have access to any inclusions of the tour.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
To book the Machu Picchu tour full day by train, you need to choose a reputable tour operator who is authorized by the Peruvian government to operate in Machu Picchu.
- CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON – BOOK ONLINE – choose the date, and fill in our booking form to book an Machu Picchu tour full day by train today. Have one person fill in the form for the group so we make sure to book you all together. Have your passport ready; we need all your details to match exactly.
PAYMENT: You can pay online for the Machu Picchu tour full day by train on our website using any type of debit or credit card – Paying online has a fee of 2.9% covered by the customer which is the lowest that we got for payments online.
- To book the Machu Picchu tour full day by train, we request a deposit of 180 us dollars per person in order to buy from the Peruvian government the permit and the tickets for Machu Picchu and the train tickets. Your deposit is needed to secure and book an Machu Picchu tour full day by train.
- You can also choose to pay 100% of the amount of the tour so that you are any longer worrying about payments and just think in getting ready for your Machu Picchu experience.
- If you choose to pay only the deposit to reserve the Machu Picchu tour full day by train, you must pay the remaining balance up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. The remaining balance can be paid in cash (in soles or dollars) upon arrival at our central office in Cusco. If you choose to pay by card, there is a fee of 3.9%. Alternatively, you can pay online with any type of card, but there is a fee of 2.9%.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: Please note that if your passport is set to expire within 6 months of your planned entry date to Peru, you will be required to renew your passport before traveling to Peru. The Peruvian authorities will not grant you entry to the country otherwise.
If you are booking your trek with us and your passport is expiring within 6 months of your entry date, you can still book with us to secure your Inca Trail permits and tickets to Machu Picchu. However, you must renew your passport and update your passport details with us before your trip to Peru. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of your reserved permits and tickets to Machu Picchu.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: To protect your travel investment, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. Obtaining travel insurance before leaving home is strongly encouraged and very easy. In fact, we work with a reputable agency in the United States that has made it both easy and affordable. This is an excellent way to ensure your safety while visiting Peru.
NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE DEPOSIT: There is a $250 deposit per person, needed to book THE INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS tour with Machu Picchu reservations. The deposit can be made online with any type of card, which will incur a 2.9% merchant fee paid by the traveller.
All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable.
REMAINING BALANCE PAYMENT: If you choose to pay only the deposit to reserve the Inca Trail for 2 days, you must pay the remaining balance up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. The remaining balance can be paid in cash (in soles or dollars) upon arrival at our central office in Cusco. If you choose to pay by card, there is a fee of 3.9%. Alternatively, you can pay online with any type of card, but there is a fee of 2.9%.
STUDENT DISCOUNT BOOKING: If your student card meets the requirements of the Peruvian government, you can make the reservation with only a deposit and pay the remaining balance when you arrive in Cusco. We will apply the student discount at that time.
Frequently Asked Questions Explore Machu Picchu on a Full-Day Train Tour from Cusco hotel to hotel service
Q: How long does the Machu Picchu tour full day by train last?
- A: The Machu Picchu tour full day by train usually lasts around 14 to 15 hours, depending on the tour operator and itinerary.
Q: What is included in the Machu Picchu tour full day by train?
- A: The Machu Picchu tour full day by train includes transportation by train from Cusco or Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, a bus ride from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, entrance tickets to Machu Picchu, a guided tour of Machu Picchu.
Q: Do I need to book the Machu Picchu tour full day by train in advance?
- A: Yes, it is recommended to book the Machu Picchu tour full day by train in advance, especially during the high season (April to October) when tickets sell out quickly. It is also important to note that the number of visitors to Machu Picchu is limited, so it is essential to book early to ensure availability.
Q: What should I wear and bring for the Machu Picchu tour full day by train?
- A: It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for walking and hiking. You should also bring a backpack, sunscreen, a hat, a camera, insect repellent, and plenty of water.
Q: Is the Machu Picchu tour full day by train suitable for everyone?
- A: The Machu Picchu tour full day by train involves some walking and hiking, so it may not be suitable for everyone. However, there are options to take a slower pace or a shorter tour, and the tour operators can accommodate special needs or requests. It is recommended to consult with the tour operator before booking to ensure that the tour is suitable for you.
Q: Can I visit Machu Picchu without a tour guide?
- A: No, all visitors to Machu Picchu are required to be accompanied by a licensed tour guide. The tour guides provide information about the history and significance of the site and ensure the safety of the visitors.
Salkantay trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Andes with our 4-Day Salkantay
TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE 2 DAYS ADVENTURE and Lago Sandoval 2 days tour is a journey starts in Puerto Maldonado as we
Ausangate full day tour 7 lakes, featuring an unforgettable exploration of the Seven Lakes. This one-of-a-kind adventure
SALKANTAY TREK + INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 5 DAYS Due to the complete Salkantay trail route is restricted because the natural ph
Salkantay Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu is one of the most scenic and thrilling routes to reach Machu Picchu. With glacier
Machu Picchu tour by car 3 days! Our journey begins with a pick-up time of 6:30 am at the Machu Picchu Reservations Offi