Cusco to Santa Rosa: Discovering the Andean Wonders through Capuliyoc
On this exciting day, your adventure begins with an early morning pickup at 4 am from your city of origin. Depending on your starting point, you’ll travel for either 4 hours (from Cusco) or 2 hours (from Abancay) towards the district of Cachora, arriving at the scenic Capuliyoc viewpoint. After enjoying a hearty breakfast, you’ll embark on a 3-hour downhill trek towards the quaint village of Chikiska. Here, you’ll refuel with a delicious lunch before continuing your descent for another hour to reach Rosalinas Beach, situated along the Apurimac River.
Upon crossing the river, you’ll officially enter Cusco territory and start a challenging 1.5 to 2-hour ascent towards Santa Rosa camp, which marks the halfway point of your journey. As the day comes to a close, indulge in a well-deserved dinner and rest up in the comfortable camp accommodations provided, surrounded by the breathtaking Andean landscape.
- Pick-Up Time: Our team will collect you from your hotel in Cusco between 4:00 to 4:30 am, ensuring a seamless start to your adventure.
- Car Ride: Enjoy a scenic 4-hour drive from Cusco to the Mirador Capuliyoc, taking in the beautiful landscapes and local sights along the way.
- Meals: Savor the flavors of the region with lunch and dinner included, providing you with the energy needed for your trekking adventure.
- Accommodation: Experience a comfortable stay at the charming Casitas Incas, where you can relax and recharge after a day of exploration.
- Camp Elevation: Rest easy at the camp, situated at an altitude of 2,900 meters above sea level (9,514 feet), amidst the breathtaking surroundings of the Andean mountains.
Santa Rosa to Marampata: Unveiling the Mysteries of Choquequirao
On this remarkable day, you’ll rise early and embark on a 1.5 to 2-hour ascent towards Marampata, a picturesque village where you’ll enjoy a well-deserved breakfast. After refueling, you’ll continue trekking for another 1.5 hours until you reach the awe-inspiring Choquequirao ruins.
Spend the day unraveling the mysteries of this hidden Inca gem, with ample time to explore the archaeological site. During your visit, enjoy a convenient box lunch before heading back to Marampata in the afternoon. Once there, you’ll indulge in a delicious dinner and rest for the night.
Please note that if you prefer not to hike the ascent from Santa Rosa to Marampata, you have the option to rent a horse for an additional cost of 60 soles for a muleteer and 60 soles for a horse, making your journey more comfortable and leisurely.
Marampata to Capuliyoc: Descending the Andean Pathways through Chikiska
Rise early on this day to enjoy breakfast before setting off on your descent towards the river, a journey that will take approximately 2.5 hours. Upon reaching the river, you’ll start a 1-hour ascent to the charming village of Chikiska. Here, you’ll refuel with a delicious lunch before continuing your upward trek for another 3 hours to reach the stunning Capuliyoc viewpoint.
At Capuliyoc, you can indulge in a delectable dinner and relax by a cozy campfire. Rest for the night in our comfortable mountain cabins, which offer breathtaking views of the Apurimac Canyon and the snow-capped Padreyoc peak, creating a perfect end to your day of adventure.
On this relaxing day, you’ll have the opportunity to sleep in a little later before enjoying breakfast at the camp. Afterward, you’ll be guided to a special location for a traditional ceremony of offering to the earth (Pachamama), allowing you to immerse yourself in the local customs and spiritual practices.
Following this unique experience, you’ll return to the camp for a delicious lunch. Afterward, you’ll begin your journey back to your city of origin, carrying unforgettable memories of your time in the Andes.
The 4-Day Choquequirao Trek includes a variety of services and amenities to ensure an unforgettable and comfortable experience. Our comprehensive package includes:
- Pre-Trek Orientation/Briefing: Prior to embarking on the trek, you’ll attend a meeting at our office in Cusco to discuss the itinerary, meet your group, and address any questions or concerns with your tour leader.
- Door-to-Door Service: We provide pick-up and drop-off services from any hotel or location in Cusco, ensuring a seamless start and end to your adventure.
- Professional English-Speaking Guide: Our expert guides specialize in the Choquequirao Trek and Machu Picchu, providing in-depth knowledge and a memorable experience.
- Transportation: All necessary transportation throughout the trek is covered by our company.
- Park Entrance Tickets: Your package includes entrance tickets to both the Choquequirao archaeological site and Machu Picchu.
- Professional Cooks and Porters: Our skilled team will prepare meals and carry essential equipment to guarantee a successful trek.
- Meals: Enjoy 3 healthy breakfasts, 3 nutritious lunches, and 3 dinners at the campsite, with vegetarian and vegan options available upon request at no extra charge.
- Snacks: Stay energized with snacks provided throughout the trek.
- Water: Drinking water is available for refilling bottles at meal stops, and hot water is provided for washing hands and face at campsites.
- Morning Wake-Up Drinks: Start each day with a hot cup of coca tea or coffee delivered to your tent.
- Camping Equipment and Supplies: Our package includes all necessary camping equipment, such as inflatable sleeping pads, a dining tent, kitchen tent, and toilet tent.
- Safety Equipment and First Aid: We provide emergency oxygen assistance, a first aid kit, radio communication, and other essential safety gear.
- Free Storage: Leave your extra belongings at our Cusco office while you trek. Afterward, pick up your items or have them delivered to your Cusco hotel.
- Exceptional Service and Support: Our professional team is dedicated to ensuring you have an unforgettable and enjoyable adventure with us.
- Travel Insurance: Protect yourself with a comprehensive travel insurance policy, which is not included in the trek package but is highly recommended for peace of mind during your adventure.
- Additional Personal Expenses: Any extra leisure expenses or personal items you may require during the trek, such as snacks, souvenirs, or additional activities, are not included in the package.
- Gratuities: Tips for the support crew, including guides, cooks, and porters, are not included in the trek package but are greatly appreciated as a gesture of gratitude for their hard work and dedication.
What to Pack
For the 4-day Choquequirao Trek, it’s essential to pack the right gear and clothing to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Here is a suggested packing list:
- Moisture-wicking shirts (long and short sleeves)
- Quick-drying hiking pants and shorts
- Fleece jacket or lightweight down jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket (preferably a breathable fabric)
- Warm hat and sun hat or cap
- Underwear and thermal base layers
- Hiking socks (moisture-wicking and quick-drying)
- Swimsuit (if you plan to swim in any rivers or streams)
- Sturdy, broken-in hiking boots or shoes with good ankle support
- Lightweight sandals or flip-flops for resting at the campsites
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Trekking poles (optional but helpful for steep ascents and descents)
- Gloves or mittens (for cold early mornings and evenings)
- Daypack (25-35 liters) with a rain cover
- Water bottles or hydration system (2-3 liters capacity)
- Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Camera or smartphone with portable charger and extra batteries
- Dry bags or plastic bags to keep belongings dry in case of rain
- High SPF sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, wet wipes, etc.)
- Travel-size quick-dry towel
- Biodegradable soap
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal first aid kit (band-aids, blister care, painkillers, altitude sickness medication, etc.)
- Any necessary prescription medications
- Valid passport
- Travel insurance information
- Emergency contact information
- Copies of important documents (passport, travel insurance, etc.) in case of loss or damage
- High-energy snacks such as granola bars, nuts, dried fruits, or chocolate
Please note that packing light is essential, as you will need to carry your belongings throughout the trek. Keep in mind that weather conditions can be unpredictable, so it’s best to dress in layers and be prepared for various temperatures and conditions.
PRICES: CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4 DAYS: SEASON 2023
The pricing for the Choquequirao Trek varies based on the number of participants in a group. If you’re interested in joining an existing group, inquire about departure dates and availability. If you don’t find a suitable group for your preferred dates, you can start a new group, and the initial price will be determined by the number of registrants. The final price will be adjusted according to the total number of travelers in the group.
- 1 person: $700 (total)
- 2 people: $450 per person
- 3 people: $350 per person
- 4 people: $310 per person
- 5 people: $300 per person
- 6 people: $280 per person
Please note that the prices listed above are subject to change based on the final number of travelers in your group. Joining or starting a group allows you to save on costs while embarking on the Choquequirao Trek with fellow adventurers.
Choquequirao trek 3 days is one of the top trek in cusco which allow you to know the lost city of the Incas. Choquequira
Llactapata Trek to Machu Picchu 3 day is a standout feature of the Salkantay Trek, which follows an ancient Inca path le
Manu Park Reserve Zone 6 days, Join us on an extraordinary 6-day journey deep into the heart of Manu Park’s Reserv
Salkantay trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Andes with our 4-Day Salkantay
Due to the complete Salkantay trail route is restricted because the natural phenomena that passed on February 23, which
Inca Jungle Trail 3 Days to Machu Picchu is a Thrilling 3-Day Adventure Tour. Embark on an exhilarating 4-day adventure