Cusco Exploration: Koricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara & Tambomachay
Begin your Cusco City Tour by arriving at our office at 13:30 pm. From there, we’ll take a 10-minute walk to the Koricancha Temple, where you’ll enjoy a guided tour lasting approximately one hour. The guide will explain the history and significance of this fascinating site.
Next, our vehicle will transport you to Sacsayhuaman, an incredible Inca site known for its impressive stonework. Your guide will provide insights into this remarkable place during your visit. Following Sacsayhuaman, the tour will continue to Qenqo, an ancient site where the Incas performed rituals and ceremonies.
After exploring Qenqo, we’ll journey to Tambomachay, a location featuring beautiful water sources where the Inca king used to spend time in relaxation and meditation. Lastly, we’ll visit Pucapucara, an Inca checkpoint and control center with red-colored construction.
Once we’ve completed our exploration of Pucapucara, we’ll return to the center of Cusco around 6 pm, marking the end of the Cusco City Tour.
Cusco City Tour Inclusions:
- Professional English-speaking guides: Benefit from the expertise of knowledgeable guides who will provide insightful information about each site and its historical context.
- Comfortable transportation: Travel to each location on the tour itinerary with ease and comfort in our well-maintained vehicles, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience.
What’s Not Included in the Cusco City Tour:
- Koricancha Entrance Fee: Admission to Koricancha is not included in the tour price and costs an additional 15 soles per person.
- Inca Ruins Entrance Fees: Access to the four Inca ruins visited on the tour requires an additional payment of 70 soles per person. However, if you have already purchased a tourist ticket for other sites in the region, it can be used for these entrances as well.
What to Pack
For the Cusco City Tour, consider packing the following items:
- Comfortable walking shoes: You will be walking around various sites, so ensure you have shoes that provide support and comfort.
- Layered clothing: Cusco’s weather can vary throughout the day, so it’s essential to wear layers that can be easily added or removed as needed.
- Sun protection: Bring sunscreen, a hat or cap, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- Water bottle: It’s essential to stay hydrated, especially at high altitudes. Bring a reusable water bottle to refill throughout the day.
- Camera or smartphone: Capture the beautiful sites and memories during your tour.
- Money: Bring enough cash for entrance fees, snacks, and souvenirs.
- Rain gear: Depending on the season, it might be a good idea to bring a lightweight rain jacket or poncho in case of unexpected rain.
- Personal documents: Carry your passport or other identification, as well as any necessary tickets or vouchers for the tour.
Cusco City Tour Pricing:
The cost of the Cusco City Tour is USD 15 per person.
- This price includes the guided tour and transportation to the various sites. Please note that entrance fees to Koricancha and the four Inca ruins are not included in the tour price and must be paid separately.
How to Book with Machu Picchu Reservation
BOOKING CUSCO CITY TOUR
- Booking the CUSCO CITY TOUR is very easy, you can click on the yellow button that says BOOK ONLINE which will take you to a reservation platform where you can choose the DATE OF YOUR TRIP (we have daily availability) then it will ask you for general information which you have to fill them, then you can proceed with the payment of the tour, the payment you can make with any type of debit or credit card.
- Once you finish filling in the data and confirm the payment, you will receive an email confirming the tour and payment, then you will receive a personalized and detailed email about the tour that you keep in mind all the details of your trip to CUSCO CITY TOUR
- You can book until 7:00 pm one day before starting the tour.
- Booking Online has a fee of 2.9% covered by the customer
BOOKING AT THE OFFICE:
- If you like, you can come to our office in Cusco we are located in the Downtown – Portal Nuevo 270 Plaza Regocijo. One of our counters will explain the details of the tour and you get a map of the tour.
Payment method in the office
- You can pay in cash, we accept dollars, euros, and Peruvian soles.
- You can pay with any type of card but there is a fee of 3.9% covered by the customer
TO BOOK CUSCO CITY TOUR, WE NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- Full name
- WhatsApp number or Peruvian cellphone number
- Hotel name in Cusco
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION AND CHANGING POLICY
- If you cancel the tour 48 hours in advance, we will refund 100% of the amount you paid for the tour. To cancel the tour, you have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel the tour 24 hours in advance, we will refund 50% of the amount you paid for the tour. To cancel the tour, you have to send an email to email@example.com
- Machu Picchu reservations may cancel the tour 24 hours before due to weather reasons, such as landslides, river floods or police situations, such as strikes that do not provide the security of the case; we will refund 100% of the amount paid for the tour.
- If you do not show up the tour at the agreed place and time, there is no refund.
- If you are already on tour and, perhaps for some reason, you cannot continue, there is no refund, but our guides will assist you to help you with any emergency that may arise.
- You can change the date of your tour within 24 hours without any penalty, you just have to send us a clear email with the new date you want to do the tour: Email us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions Cusco City Tour
What is the Cusco Tour?
The Cusco Tour is a guided tour that takes you through the beautiful city of Cusco and its surrounding areas. It includes visits to some of the most popular tourist attractions, such as the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
What does the Cusco Tour include?
The Cusco Tour includes transportation from your hotel in Cusco, a professional guide, and a guided tour in either Spanish or English. It also includes drop-off back to the city center. However, it does not include the tourist tickets, alcoholic drinks, tips, accommodation, or travel insurance.
How do I book the Cusco Tour?
You can book the Cusco Tour online by visiting our website or by contacting us directly via email or phone. We recommend booking in advance to secure your spot, especially during the high season.
What should I bring on the Cusco Tour?
You should bring your original passport or valid ID, warm clothing for Cusco, light clothing for Machu Picchu, a hat, sunglasses, camera, personal medical kit, insect repellent, sunscreen, altitude sickness pills, hiking shoes or waterproof boots, rain gear, extra money for drinks, souvenirs, and tips, swimwear for hot springs (optional), and a positive attitude.
Is travel insurance included in the Cusco Tour?
No, travel insurance is not included in the Cusco Tour. We recommend purchasing travel insurance before your trip to protect yourself from unforeseen events such as flight cancellations, medical emergencies, and lost or stolen luggage.
Do I need to be in good physical shape to go on the Cusco Tour?
The Cusco Tour involves some hiking and walking, so it is recommended that you are in good physical shape. However, our guides can accommodate different fitness levels and will adjust the pace of the tour accordingly. If you have any medical conditions or concerns, please let us know in advance.
Can I cancel or reschedule my Cusco Tour?
Yes, you can cancel or reschedule your Cusco Tour up to 48 hours before the tour departure time. Please note that cancellation fees may apply, and rescheduling is subject to availability.
What happens if there is bad weather on the day of my Cusco Tour?
If there is bad weather on the day of your Cusco Tour, we will do our best to make alternative arrangements. However, if the tour is cancelled due to weather conditions, you will receive a full refund or the option to reschedule for another day.
Cusco, also known as Cuzco, is a city in southeastern Peru and the former capital of the Inca Empire. It is a popular destination for travelers looking to experience its rich history, stunning architecture, and vibrant culture. Here is a travel guide to help you plan your trip to Cusco.
Getting There: The Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport is located in Cusco and is the main point of entry for international travelers. From there, you can take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle service to take you to your accommodation. If you’re already in Peru, you can take a bus or a train to Cusco.
When to Go: Cusco can be visited year-round, but the best time to go is during the dry season from May to October. During this time, the weather is mild and sunny, making it perfect for outdoor activities. However, it’s also the peak tourist season, so expect larger crowds and higher prices. If you want to avoid the crowds and save some money, consider visiting during the rainy season from November to April.
Where to Stay: Cusco has a range of accommodation options, from luxury hotels to budget hostels. The most popular area to stay in is the historic center, where you’ll find many of the city’s top attractions. Some recommended hotels in the area include Palacio del Inka, JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, and Novotel Cusco.
Things to Do: Cusco is a city full of history, culture, and natural beauty. Here are some of the top things to do:
- Machu Picchu: This ancient Inca city is one of the most famous landmarks in Peru and a must-visit for anyone coming to Cusco.
- Sacsayhuaman: This impressive Inca fortress is located just outside of Cusco and is home to massive stone walls and panoramic views of the city.
- Plaza de Armas: This is the main square in Cusco and the heart of the city. It’s a great place to people watch, take in the sights, and visit the cathedral and other historic buildings.
- San Pedro Market: This bustling market is the perfect place to sample local food, buy souvenirs, and get a taste of everyday life in Cusco.
- Rainbow Mountain: This colorful mountain is a popular day trip from Cusco, offering stunning views and a challenging hike.
Food and Drink: Cusco is known for its delicious cuisine, which is a blend of Inca, Spanish, and other international influences. Some must-try dishes include ceviche, lomo saltado, and rocoto relleno. Don’t forget to try a pisco sour, the national drink of Peru.
Safety: Cusco is generally a safe city for travelers, but it’s always important to take precautions. Be aware of your surroundings, avoid carrying large amounts of cash or valuables, and use official taxi services. Altitude sickness can also be a concern, especially for those coming from sea level. Take it easy for the first few days and drink plenty of water to help adjust to the altitude.
In conclusion, Cusco is a fascinating city full of history, culture, and natural beauty. Whether you’re interested in exploring ancient ruins, sampling delicious food, or simply soaking up the vibrant atmosphere, there’s something for everyone in Cusco.
Why Choose Machupicchu Reservations
we offer all the tours for guests to enjoy the outdoors, we offer Salkantay trek, Inca trail, Machu Picchu tours, we offer day hiking trips, such as Rainbow Mountain Hike, Incas Sacred Valley, Humantay Lake other alternative trekking tours like Inca jungle trail, Choquequirao trek, we offer guiding and supported trips, we offer glass igloos-based tours and camping-based tours.
Machu Picchu Reservations tours are all-inclusive and expert-led, our guests got to show up and focus 100% on the trip experience you do not have to worry about planning, packing, permits, tickets, or any of the headache stuff.
To people who love travel and hiking Machu Picchu Reservations literally has something for everyone we operated all the tours in Cusco with exceptional and personalized service this makes us one of the best-rated companies in the city of Cusco with 5 stars on TripAdvisor, Google, and other social networks.
Rainbow Mountain Full Day Trek with Red Valley
Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley full day tour is a popular excursion in the Cusco region of Peru. The tour typically sta
Humantay Lake With Salkantay Pass Trek
Salkantay hike 2 days, exploring the mesmerizing landscape surrounding Cusco’s second-highest peak in Peru, at an
TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE 3D – 2N TOUR
Embark on an extraordinary adventure with our Tours Puerto Maldonado Full Sandoval Lake 3D/2N package. Your journey begi
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU IN ONE DAY
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in one day adventure to Machu Picchu, the perfect option for those who love exploring and see
AMAZON TOUR MANU CULTURAL ZONE 4D – 3N
Amazon tour Manu Cultural Zone 4-Day Embark on a 4-day adventure through the Manu Cultural Zone, beginning in Cusco and
Choquequirao Trek 3 Days / 2 Nights
Choquequirao trek 3 days is one of the top trek in cusco which allow you to know the lost city of the Incas. Choquequira