Lake Humantay Day Hike
Lake Humantay day hike is a wonderful way to explore the peruvvian andes. If you have a day in Cusco, this trip is well worth the time and effort! Lake Humantay is an glacier lake surrounded by Andes giants like Mount Salkantay and Mount Humantay. These mountains are towering, sheer, icy peaks that provide a breathtaking backdrop to our destination, the turquoise-colored waters of Lake Humantay!
Humantay is one of the snow-capped mountains in the Vilcabamba mountain range and the glacier melt makes a beautiful lagoon that may be visiting for those you like a little bit of hiking and being in the mountains also the area where the lake Humantay is located was a scene to film a movie for Netflix. During the tour we will provide you with a professional service and the tour is led by professional guides and transported by modern and safe vehicles and you will try the local dishes since this tour included lunch and breakfast.
- Amazing glacier Lake
- Breathtaking Mountain Views
- Towering Glaciated Peaks and valleys
- Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks are included
- Turquoise Colored glacier Water
- Pick up at Your Hotel to start the tour
- Stunning views of Salkantay Mountain
- Tour led by an expert guide
Humantay Lake tour
- Pick up time from your hotel is from 4:30 to 5:00 am
- It takes 2.5 hours car ride from Cusco to the trail head of lake Humantay
- It takes 2.5 hours uphill hiking from the trail head to the lake Humantay (3km up)
- The time that you spend in the lake Humantay 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on the weather conditions
- Hiking back from the lake Humantay to the car stop takes around 2 hours downhill hike
- Car ride back to Cusco takes around 2.5 hours
- You will be back in Cusco around 5:00 pm
We pass to pick up everyone from their respective hotels between 4:30 to 5:00 am then we will go to the town of Mollepata by car for 2 hours where we will make a stop at the restaurant to have a delicious breakfast, which will take about an hour and then we continue in the same car for 1 more hour towards the beginning of the hike which is called Soraypampa at 3900 m, then we go to the control point to pay the entrance fee to the community (20 soles for foreign visitor and 10 soles for Peruvian).
Afterward, we get ready for the hike towards the lake Humantay for around 2 hours uphill hike a distance of 3 km. Once in Humantay Lake, you will have enough time to take pictures of the breathtaking scenery, listen to the explanations of the guide, and enjoy all the wonderful landscape of the area.
The time that you will spend at Lake Humantay is about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on the weather conditions, sometimes it is cloudy, foggy or a little rainy and it is very cold in that case you may stay about 30 minutes if the weather is sunny and clear you can Stay around 1.5 hours enough time to know the lake Humantay. After we will get ready for the return hike to the car stop and it will be the end of the hike then we take the car back to Mollepata for an hour where we will stop to have a buffet lunch and then 2 more hours by car back to Cusco.
- Round trip transportation
- Breakfast (fruit juice, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, fruit salad, and bread or pancakes with butter and jam)
- Buffet lunch
- Walking stick
- Entrance fee for Lake Humantay
- Groups ranging between 7-8 people, maximum 10 people
- English speaking, professional guides
- First-Aid equipment and oxygen bottle for emergencies
- Personal gear
LAKE HUMANTAY DAY HIKE – GROUP SERVICE – SEASON 2021 (from March 2021 to January 2022)
REGULAR PRICE: USD 29 dollars per person
OFFER PRICE: USD 24 dollars per person
Our OFFER PRICE apply for people who already booked with us one of our tours to Machu Picchu such Salkantay trek, Inca jungle, Machu Picchu tours, etc.
Our prices for the Lake Humantay are reasonable and are in line with the prices that are handled in the city of Cusco. If you book this tour online or directly at our office in Cusco, the price does not vary, we always keep the same price and the quality of the service we provide will always be the best.
OPTION HORSEBACK RIDING: 80 soles or 22 dollars.
This is an OPTION for those who are not able to hike or just want to enjoy a horseback riding in the mountains. Once you arrive at the beginning of the Lake Humantay hike you can rent a ridding horse from the locals directly with the help of the guide. The price that they charge for the horse usually is 80 soles or 22 dollars and the horse will take you to the Humantay Lake and take you back also the owner of the horse will be pulling the horse ahead and you only have to sit down on the horse and enjoy.
BOOKING LAKE HUMANTAY TOUR
Booking online: If you like to book the lake Humantay tour online, we request a deposit of 20 dollars per person and the remaining balance you can pay once you arrive in Cusco at our office if you are not able to come to our office you can pay to the tour guide once you are on the tour also is possible to pay the full amount online.
Booking at the office: If you like you can come to our office in Cusco to book the Lake Humantay tour one of our salesperson will give all the details of the tour and taking your reservations. You can book the Lake Humantay tour even one day before.
- We use Mercedes Benz: modern vehicles, Usually we make groups of 15 to 16 people with a maximum of 18 people per group.
- Our guides are English speaking: who will help you to reach the Laguna Humantay and will always be aware of those who suffer a bit to arrive as well as they carry an oxygen bottle and first aid kit for any emergencies.
- The breakfast consisting in, juice of fruit, hot drinks may be chocolate or coffee or some tea and you will have a bit of fruit salad and bread or pancakes accompanied by jams and mantequilla, of course, you can drink coca tea.
- Lunch is buffet style, on the table, you will have different options, including dishes prepared with vegetables, potatoes, salads, meat, pasta, stews which you can eat and combine as you wish, there are also vegetarian options
- We provide handmade poles for each one, this if you wish you can take it as it can be very helpful for the rocking in the trails that you will walk.
- It includes the entrance to for the Laguna Humantay which is collected by the local communities which have a cost of 10 soles.
WHAT TO PACK
We recommend dressing as follow for the Lake Humantay tour
- Wool hat
- A jacket
- Long pants
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Small Backpack to carry water, some snacks, camera, etc.
What to bring for the tour
- 2 liters of water (there are options to buy along the route)
- Snacks such as, apple, cereal bar, sweets and chocolates
- Sun cream
Frequently Asked Questions Lake Humantay Day Hike
How long does it take the hike for the Laguna Humantay?
The way up takes between 1.5 to 2 hours on a gradual trail, If you take the same way to return akes like 1.5 hours and if I return through the red valley it takes about 2 hours.
When is the best time to go?
This is a difficult question to answer as Peru has a huge variety of conditions. Best time is ! Dry season runs from May to November and this is typically the time that is most recommended.
Do I need to bring my passport for this tour?
For the Laguna Humantay, you do not need to carry any documents, only for emergencies or some unexpected control you can take a copy of your passport.
What type of transportation is used?
All the vehicles that we use for this type of tour are the Sprinter Mercedes Benz modern minibuses that have all the documentation required by the national authorities, all the vehicles are maintained daily to keep them in good conditions and clean and each vehicle has been properly logged.
Will the altitude affect me?
When travelling throughout the Andes in Peru some people will suffer some effects of it. If you plan to hike the Laguna Humantay, we recommend arriving 2 or 3 days before the start to acclimate and rest or you can do it on the last day of your time in cusco since that the rainbow mountain is at 5000m.
What can I do in order to prevent the altitude sickness?
We recommend to be in Cusco at least 2 days and drink as much water as you can and drink coca tea that can be ordered anywhere you want, you can also prepare it yourself with boiled water and dried coca leaves. At least one day before the tour we recommend eating light food and if you have any medication prescribed by your doctor you can take it and the best thing that you can do is to keep in mind that you will be fine.
How do I reserve a space for the Laguna Humantay?
Just click on the BOOK NOW button and fill out all the required information and one of our sales advisors will contact you immediately and if you want to talk by whatsApp with a specialist you can contact to this number. +51974217700
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. We require a booking deposit of 20 dollars for the Laguna Humantay, if you cancel the tour 24 hours in advance, you will have the 100% refund, if you do not do it within 24 hours you will lose the money deposited.
What happens after I make my deposit?
Once we receive the deposit we confirm your reservation through email sending you all the details about the tour.
Can I go by horse to the Laguna Umantay?
Yes, you can go by horse to the Laguna Humantay, you can rent horses directly from the local people that cost between 60 and 80 soles per person.
How long will I stay in the Laguna Humantay?
The time that we usually spend at the Laguna Humantay viewpoint is about a hour, depends on the group pace and the weather conditions.
Salkantay Trek 3 Days to Machu Picchu
From: US 239.00 Price per person
Salkantay trek 3 Days is not so popular for many people to register and make a group. But to make the prices reasonable, we make t
Choquequirao Trek 4 Days / 3 Nights
From: US 450.00 Price per person
Choquequirao Trek 4 Days Classic by Machu Picchu Reservations is one of the most adventurous treks in Cusco, the city of Choquequi
Machu Picchu Tour Full Day by Train
From: US 230.00 Price per person
Machu Picchu Tour by Train Machu Picchu by train is the most comfortable way to visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu tour in one
Palcoyo Mountain Day Hike
From: US 29.00 Price per person
Palcoyo Mountain Day Hike Palcoyo Day Hike is a colored mountain similar to the classic Rainbow Mountain but there is not only one